Duck Waterer Suggestions

holiday hawk

Chirping
Apr 12, 2023
Our ducks very quickly go through water, they can go through this waterer in just a couple of hours. Since they just moved out of their brooder to the run today, I put a five gallon bucket in their pen with poultry drinker cups in their pen as well today, in addition to that duck drinker I linked to. I know it's not deep enough to wash out their nostrils or wash themselves with, but I'm hoping that since it's not deep enough to bath very effectively they will only use it to drink and it will last more than a couple of hours. What do you all do to ensure your ducks have access to water? We could easily leave the chickens or quail over the weekend for a trip and they would be perfectly fine, but there have been times I was worried about the ducks just while I'm at work. What do you all do to ensure your ducks have water that would last at least several days?

I get buckets from the bakery dept at our grocery store with lids I cut the lids so they can dunk their heads but can’t bathe in them they would easily last 2 days but by end of the day they are pretty nasty . IMG_1699.jpeg

I put a swimming pool in their run or else several small buckets of water. I’ve also used a low lying plastic bin and a deep seated paint tray. I haven’t yet solved the problem of them running out of clean water for more than a few days so I just bring them with if I need to go somewhere more than overnight 😅.

My ducks have a tiny pond and 3 water buckets in their run. That said, I still change those once a day, and sometimes twice a day on the buckets, and that's for ten ducks. For my ducks if I was going out of town I could leave them overnight for a day and just add another bucket maybe...they would just have to drink dirty water for a day...but I like to give them fresh.

Back
Top Bottom