Are they broody?

nszrmch

Songster
Mar 6, 2018
Northern California
My Coop
My Coop
Hi everyone.
Two of my three adult hens have been sticking to the nesting area over the last few days. They aren't sitting on eggs or laying. One of them, bantam, puffs up and 'growls' at me and the other doesn't want to move but will if I get too close. Do you think they're broody? We are thinking of getting a couple more chicks and have one of them raise them instead of using the brooder. Here are some photos:
DSCN5335.JPG
DSCN5260.JPG
DSCN5136.JPG

Possibly. I had a buff orp who was like that but she grew out of it after a couple of months. I am no expert, but mine would NOT let me collect eggs so I had to wear thick hardwear gloves to collect eggs. Does yours lay and does she let you get eggs?

Possibly. I had a buff orp who was like that but she grew out of it after a couple of months. I am no expert, but mine would NOT let me collect eggs so I had to wear thick hardwear gloves to collect eggs. Does yours lay and does she let you get eggs?
Im not sure about the cochin but I know that the bantam isn't laying, and hasn't for at least a week now. Neither are sitting on eggs.

Back
Top Bottom