Are We Under Terrorist Attack?? Gas $6.79 near me!!!

barnie.gif
our govenor declared a state of emergency over gas prices today. he said that all that has raised their prices are going to be investigated for price gouging. our prices shot up over a dollar overnight and still rising. most prices here are five dollars a gallon for regular unleaded.

OK, we will continue to suffer like this as long as we don't kick the gasoline habit. Check out the Pickens Plan. We can convert our cars to natural gas, and the Arabs can go to you know where.

The plan is that we build windmills from Texas to Canada in the mid west. Then we divert the natural gas supply from electrical production to the transportation sector.

People say that the wind doesn't always blow, but you know those towers will be 600 foot tall and the blades 400 foot long. So at the top of the arc, they will be reaching a thousand foot into the air. And yes, there always seems to moving air up there, even if the air is still on the ground.

Natural gas is cheaper and abundant. We are blessed with shale deposits loaded with natural gas. Previously, they would not produce since the formations are as tight as a tombstone.

However, now we know how to drill and fracture these deposits. Oil leases in the Barnett Shale area of Fort Worth/Dallas that were going for a couple of hundred dollars an acre ten years ago, are now going for as much as thirty thousand dollars an acre.

Of course major oil companies are reluctant to convert their supply system to handle natural gas. But if major retailers like Walmart and Costco put in natural gas pumps, the major retailers will have to follow suit.

Cars can be converted to natural gas, and they also can be configured in a bi fuel way. That way, the driver can use the cheapest fuel available.

Rufus

Last edited:
there was reciently a clip in my local news paper about windmills..I wish i can find the link but i cant so i will make a long story kind of short...

there is a BIG piece of land tat has a few windmills on it and they had to stop the windmills at night because the neighbours complained that the swoosh sound of the blades were keeping them up at night. they took the issue to the town council and won the decision....is that crazy or what...

i guess you cant make everyone happy
idunno.gif

The gas prices in the Cleveland suburbs are about 3.77 a gallon. If I went to the gas station and the price was doubled I would report it to the state. We have a number to call on every pump if we have a problem. Speckled Hen, you should really report this. I think we can expect the prices going up for a short time, but not that much!

Alpacachick

Quote:
Here is what our governor has done...

Raleigh, N.C. — Gov. Mike Easley on Friday implemented the state's price-gouging law as gas prices jumped amid fears that Hurricane Ike would cripple U.S. refining capacity.

BUT...

Attorney General Roy Cooper said Friday that such jumps need to be investigated as possible price gouging.

so I seriously doubt anything will be done about this...

In Fayetteville regular gas was being sold for $5.49 per gallon at the Circle B on McPherson Church and Morganton Roads.

The price of a gallon of regular gas shot from $3.79 to $4.39 overnight at a Texaco station on Arendell Avenue in Zebulon. The station manager didn't provide a reason for the sudden increase, except to note that he would have to pay $5.32 a gallon for his next shipment.

roll.png

quotes from http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/3536058/

That is so scary! I do not know what we will/would do!

I ride my bike to work each day, I guess DD would have to start riding to her school over the mountain and further away. I don't know that it would be a bad thing, I rode to the same school over the same hill and survived. Now at the age of 51, I have regained my joy of riding in the cool morning air. I just don't like to go as fast as I used to!

Grandma rode her horse to school - I see that kind of thing coming back if we keep seeing these kinds of prices.

* Thanks for the head's up, Miss Cynthia. . . Ours are "only" up .22 gal. AT THE MOMENT from just this afternoon. . . BUT several of our stations locally have closed early tonight so they can avoid the rush and start at who knows what $$$ in the morning. We got a tank full at 4.OO and I called everyone I know (less than a dozen people) to warn them.
hmm.png
Saw a guy today with a tiny gas engine on his bicycle. . . Think I'll have to get me one of those puppies.

Last edited:
he.gif
I like how all the cost for damages from storms floods,war,ETC. are all passed on to the consumers! Sometimes before they ever happen!

Where are all the BILLIONS Of dollar profits going these oil companies make??????
Isn't it buissiness smart to have $ put aside for such repairs?

Killing our own people just trying to get to work to buy groceries to feed their family. By the way food goes up to with the gas prices! Notice?

Why can't the working people who have to drive to work eveyday charge a fuel surcharge? All the companies do.

Oh don't get me started! Oops to late
barnie.gif

Last edited:
They had to shut down the refineries in Texas because of the hurricane. 25% of the refineries in the country were there and were shut down. Thus, higher prices.

Once the hurricane passes, prices will go back down again.

It's supply and demand. Economics has a lot to do with weather and political climate. They're not mutually exclusive.

Quote:
Did they shut them all down now? I know lastnight they said 13 of the 26 in Texas were shutdown.

Once the huricane passes they will have to have power back to the refineries-and they do figure they will loose power-and then dry them completely out before they can start operating again. So it will depend on how bad the refineries get hit.

Am I the only one that wonders why so many refineries are in an area that huricanes are know to hit? And knowing that this could very well happen why don't they up production ahead of the storms? Are they at/near capacity?

Back
Top Bottom