Are worms good for chickens?

What kind of worms?
Earthworms/redworms?
Parasitic worms?

Most chickens love earthworms/redworms. They are good protein. Some people feed them cautiously to their birds. One should understand though that their are links to parasites such as Gape worm from earth worms.

I personally feel if the worms you feed your chickens are not feeding off chicken poop, then the risk is small, but that is just my opinion.
ON

Yes earthworms. We have tons of earthworms and she thinks its her duty to eat every last one. No, they are not feeding on chicken poo.

Is there a dewormer I can get for my hen? (we only have one - she was given to us)

Shovel = magic pointy thing that supplies tasty wiggly goodies!!!! You won't be able to walk across your yard with a shovel after the first 30 seconds of supplying worms with it. I pick mine up and I have at least two hens perched on just waiting for a ride to goody land!

Quote:
yuckyuck.gif
but so true! I've nearly tripped over the mob when I'm out in the garden with the shovel. The sequence goes "push chicken out of hole, place shovel on ground with no chicken between shovel and dirt, dig, do not dump dirt on chicken"

Quote:
I am organic, so there are no approved man made chemical dewormers.

I'm not organic. Worms/parasites kill animals where I live. I need the chemicals. Can someone recommend a good chicken dewormer?

Thanks
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom