Are You In To Designer Purses/Handbags?

"Le Target" is my store of choice for purses --- I hate having to carry a purse! I will carry the same one until it is falling apart & then - regretfully - replace it -- hopefully not for anything over $20!

I purchased my purse for 25 cents at a yard sale. It was nearly brand new. I would buy designer purses at that price anywhere... Although I'm not a fan of big gaudy bags. Reminds me of movie stars who pay way to much for everything... Just because they can.

Last edited:
Quote:
I had always bought my bags at thrift stores, too, until my (really hefty) $12 purchase at Walmart...not designer, at all!
gig.gif

Honestly, I wouldn't pay a rotten fig for a designer's handbag.
hmm.png

I was stupid and bought a Miche, paid $73 for it, and while I like it, its too small . . .and would love to sell it for $30. NEVER again. I like purses and shoes, and haunt the thrift stores for them. Saw one on FB the other night, that was a Coach purse, used and the seller wanted $150 for it. If I paid THAT much, I would honestly expect to have someone kick me in the kiester as I went out the door. Good will has purses from top designers behind the counter that sell for $50 on up, and that grates on my nerves because they were DONATED and they are selling them for top dollar designer bags . . .and people are buying them!!!!!

The women where I used to work were BIG into these gotzy bags. Not only did they have big ticket, big name designers... I'm talking $1000+ for a handbag.... they had a new one every other month! And forget it if they didn't change one with the season. These women also had fur jackets for every month....and diamonds up the wazoo. Makeup? You should have seen some of their faces!

No thank you.

I had one of those long strap, small Coach bags that I used for 3 years. Last year, when visiting one of the women (my age), she brought me to a closet in her home where she opened a very large cardboard box. She said "Please just take some of my old Coach bags. I got some of those last year and I'll never use them again. I feel so bad for you, just take some." LOL!!!
lau.gif

She thought I needed/wanted her charity because I didn't buy expensive purses? Sheesh.

I reminded her that I spent $350 on a gecko the week before (
hide.gif
) and that I could afford these silly bags, but didn't desire one.

The most expensive purse I have was a gift from my cousin who goes shopping with her friend at the outlet stores...So a $300 purse became mine only because it was my birthday. It also has a serial number (
roll.png
lol) but I do like that it's leather. Don't use it much though. I mostly use a purse that my mom gave me...she bought it at a Marshall's for less than $20. I'd rather have an "unbranded" purse full of money than a really expensive purse that's empty lol.

Last edited:
I have several coach bags.
hide.gif
it started when I noticed I was wearing out $20 bags every 3-4 months. So I splurged on the good bag since they have repair service. It lasted 2 years (till I got bored with it....it's still in my closet) I figure I would have bought about 7 cheap bags in that time frame. Definitely worth it! I buy from the outlet since its right up the road, and keep all tags and receipts to resell on eBay when I'm done with it. I like the classic leather styles not the ones with the huge logos. I absolutely loathe knockoffs! To me, it's better to carry a ziplock Baggie with purse stuff in it then a bag made by children in a sweatshop. That's just me.

I would totally rock the chicken bag kathyinmo posted. That is awesome!

Back
Top Bottom