Are You Missing A Left Glove?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Redcatcher, Dec 15, 2010.

1. Redcatcher

Redcatcher Chillin' With My Peeps

May 7, 2010
    At My Desk!
    I know this a long shot, but since there are LOTS of viewers here, I thought it might be worth a try. I am a disabled Vietnam Vet and lost my left arm over there (I have yet to find it). In past years, some kind folks at LL Bean would send me a right glove. Often they would get returns of a pair with one glove damaged. The past few years though they have not returned my e-mails. Perhaps they just thought I was a nut case looking for something for nothing. Normally, I am not one to ask for anything but money is tight this year and the weather unusually cold. I am outside 2-3 times a day to feed my chickens. PLEASE, please do not think of breaking up a perfectly good pair of gloves on my account. This is only if you have one that you might otherwise be throwing out. Some wear is fine. I am not picky and neither are my chickens. I take a size medium mens and I am willing to pay postage. I have a PayPal account. I assure you that I am for real.

2. mississippifarmboy

mississippifarmboy collects slightly damaged strays Premium Member

My partner deals in hunting supply store returns (Due to being returns, we can't mention the company names [​IMG])and sometimes we get some odd gloves in. I'll check with him this weekend and see what he's got.

3. thebritt

thebritt Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 5, 2009
    Humboldt County
    Hi and happy holidays! I'll check our "glove box" [​IMG] for rt. gloves There's a distinct possibility I have at least a couple ski gloves in there. Be warned, however...this site is known for lots of generous people, and you could find yourself NEVER having this problem again!!! I'll pm you for your address when I find out what I've got.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2010
  4. PaulaJoAnne

PaulaJoAnne Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 30, 2009
    We have lots of gloves around that are missing one side or another.
    I found so many when I married my hubby. THey still crop up now and then.
    PMing you

5. Cindiloohoo

Cindiloohoo Quiet as a Church Mouse

Dec 19, 2009
    Southwest TN
    I'll look as well, we have some very chewy dogs, whose very favorite flavor is new leather glove [​IMG] My loss may be your gain [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. Redcatcher

May 7, 2010
    At My Desk!
    I think I just unintentionally broke forum rules. I should have read BEFORE I posted and I apologize to admin. It states no charitable requests for yourself or others. I did, however, find a glove. Someone PMed me. Thanks, everyone, for your offers.

7. Cindiloohoo

Cindiloohoo Quiet as a Church Mouse

Dec 19, 2009
    Southwest TN
    Quote:Next time just post it in the Want To Buy section and just offer to pay shipping explaining the situation. I don't think it is actually charity, but guess it could be considered so [​IMG] Anyway, I couldn't find any...dogs apparently got them ALL! LOL!

8. Redcatcher

May 7, 2010
    At My Desk!
    I thought about posting in the Wanted to Buy but I am not looking to buy anything and how many people are looking to sell just a right glove? Maybe admin meant money donations, I am not sure. I would not want them to make an exception for me. Gloves do make super chew toys, especially leather ones. But no worries, it is the thought that counts.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by