1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Aren't they pretty?? Would you buy them?

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by BUG126, Sep 24, 2008.

1. BUG126

BUG126 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 28, 2008
    WA State
    The kids' box of cartons came from McMurray yesterday. We had to fill one to see what they look like. I am very pleased with them! THe cartons are made from 100% recycled products and are 100% recycleable. Here are some pics. The color isnt very good, but the whitish looking eggs are actually green eggs from our EE. Would you buy the eggs packaged as they are?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 24, 2008
  2. KellyHM

KellyHM Overrun With Chickens

Sep 10, 2008
    Lakeland, FL
    They look good to me! How much? [​IMG]

3. cjeanean

cjeanean Can't Decide

Mar 5, 2008
    Missouri
    wow, those are nice, very professional looking! How much were the cartons? I would like to get some of those, but I know it would make the cost of my eggs go up. Very nice, I would totally buy them!

Are those able to be separated into half dozens?

Last edited: Sep 24, 2008
  4. BUG126

Jun 28, 2008
    WA State
    Quote:We are selling them for $2/dozen, $1.50/half dozen to friends/family/neighbors, and $3/dozen, $2/half dozen for people who stop because of the "egg sign". All the $$ (after feed) goes to the kids' piggy banks.

5. BUG126

Jun 28, 2008
    WA State
    Quote:Yes, they are able to be seperated, which was a big factor in chosing them. We got 50 for $18. Being that they are plastic, I am hoping they will hold up well and can be reused to help with the cost. My pet chicken has some that are similar, and they might be a little cheaper, I found them after I placed my McMurray order.

6. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Very nice!!! I would buy them, if I didn't have chickens [​IMG] I was at the store, and the organic brown eggs are $5 o dozen!!! OUCH!

7. SpottedCrow

SpottedCrow Flock Goddess

Nice...I love the rooster on the front.

8. FloridaChickenChick

FloridaChickenChick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2008
    Lake County, Florida
    Wow! That looks so professional! GREAT job!

Great job by your chickens, too! [​IMG]

9. sred98

sred98 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 18, 2008
    Oklahoma
    Beautiful eggs! Love the cartons...I would gladly buy them! It does look very professional and clean!

Nice job!

Shelly

10. WestKnollAmy

WestKnollAmy The Crazy Chicken Lady Premium Member

Apr 22, 2008
    upstate SC
    The first time I took those see through cartons out to my buyers a lot of other people saw them and just oohhhhed and awwwed over the contents. I picked up a few new customers because, like you, I have different colored eggs. I think they are great and know you all will love them, too.[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by