Argh! Are the rest shrink wrapped too?

Ah, she was dead as I went to take the picture. I'm so sorry lil one. :hit

Well, lesson learned: I'll take knocked around eggs over killing one in a silly panic any day. I appreciate the knowledge for future reference anyhow, thank you both so much.

Ah, she was dead as I went to take the picture. I'm so sorry lil one. :hit

Well, lesson learned: I'll take knocked around eggs over killing one in a silly panic any day. I appreciate the knowledge for future reference anyhow, thank you both so much.
It might've just been that she was too long in the egg, or another invisible problem. Not all chicks are meant to hatch. Sorry for your loss.

It might've just been that she was too long in the egg, or another invisible problem. Not all chicks are meant to hatch. Sorry for your loss.

Thank you for the comfort. ❤️ I actually did pull the rest of the shell off after she passed just to look at things, and while there were some tiny veins left, I also noticed her navel was swollen and purple-ish, and that the bottom of the egg smelled a bit like old milk.

No doubt I did more harm than good, but do you think an infection could have been the reason for her slowness?

Thank you for the comfort. ❤️ I actually did pull the rest of the shell off after she passed just to look at things, and while there were some tiny veins left, I also noticed her navel was swollen and purple-ish, and that the bottom of the egg smelled a bit like old milk.

No doubt I did more harm than good, but do you think an infection could have been the reason for her slowness?

I've noticed in my assists, that the veining doesn't completely recede from the membrane, rather it shrinks significantly and turns from 'blood red' to 'dried blood' color you can see when moistened with oil.

I'm not sure about the milk smell or the purple possible infection.

Was her yolk sac fully absorbed?

I've noticed in my assists, that the veining doesn't completely recede from the membrane, rather it shrinks significantly and turns from 'blood red' to 'dried blood' color you can see when moistened with oil.

I'm not sure about the milk smell or the purple possible infection.

Was her yolk sac fully absorbed?

Oh! That's relieving, because the veins left were barely there, like hairs almost. Her yolk sac was completely absorbed, yes.

Back
Top Bottom