1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Arizona Chickens

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by paynemom, Jan 30, 2008.

1. arizonadreamer

arizonadreamer Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 15, 2011
    AZ City
    Quote:Ummmm let us know about the eggtopsy. I hope your other 4 all have little chicks inside!!!! What day are you at? With mine I had to switch from the full size mag light to the mini mag light at 10 days because the big flashlight didn't concentrate the beam enough. Also, some eggs I was able to see movement better by looking through the air cell (you can see the veins next to the air cell, and see movement along the edge). I've had some I didn't see move and was worried and rechecked the next day and saw them move.
    [​IMG] for babies in the other eggs!

Nursehelly, were still hatching in 24 hours right? Some of my eggs are rocking already..!! Can't wait!!

2. nurseshelly

nurseshelly Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 24, 2011
    Gilbert AZ
    Quote:I don't think I have the stomach either, even though I see some really gross stuff at work! Injuries, pus, surgeries though some are worse than others. The worst thing is when the ENT wants to lance pus pockets in a child's mouth / throat when they are a awake. Note to parents ... don't let your ENT ever talk you into that - your child really wants to be unconscious for that, I don't care what the ENT says! [​IMG]

3. arizonadreamer

arizonadreamer Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 15, 2011
    AZ City
    My turkey babies are stinky. When I come down in the morning I can't wait to throw them outside..

4. Tanichca

Tanichca Sparkle Magnet

May 6, 2009
    Vail, Arizona
    Two days until the party! We poured concrete yesterday, made a sidewalk around the house. Had to lock up all the birds, as we were afraid they would get into the wet concrete (personally, i think chicken footprints in the sidewalk would have been charming. Daddy had different ideas though)
    Today i have to clean my room, which i dont think ive done since the party LAST year [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. bethany83

bethany83 Out Of The Brooder

Feb 17, 2011
    Mesa, AZ
    LOL, Tanicha- I think chicken prints would've been SO CUTE!!! Stupid husbands taking away all the fun! [​IMG]

Mahalo- I can't wait to see the chicks!!! Can I really come get some today?!?! [​IMG] PM me your address and time, etc!!

6. CrazyerThanAverage

CrazyerThanAverage Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 11, 2010
    Oro Valley, AZ
    Quote:Yeah!! [​IMG]:ya:ya That is awsome!

I lived up to my screen name yesterday afternoon. Vader got off her nest for a constitutional (it's been 3 days!) and I was in the coup hunched under two layers of a wool blanket with a flashlight trying to candle her eggs. Never mind that it was 91 degrees at the time! And just to make it interesting, the other ladies wanted their afternoon scratch, so they were gathered around "investigating" all the parts of me that were sticking out. The verdict as of day 7: Both EEs, both Blue Andalusians, and all 3 Buff Orphingtons look fertile. Of the 11 eBay French Black Copper Marans, 5 look fertile, 3 don't, and 3 I really don't know. All in all, very promising!

7. turkeybreeder

turkeybreeder Chillin' With My Peeps

May 30, 2010
    Mesa Arizona
    Quote:i lost my job when i had my heart surgery
    i have an associate of science
    in medical assistant, but do
    to having two heart surgeries
    and at the job i was working at
    that time they had to call the paramedics
    because i almost had a heart attack
    when they call the last clinic i worked at
    then no place gives me a job
    my cardiologist did not
    fill out the dissability application
    so i have not been able
    to get dissability

8. Sonoran Silkies

Sonoran Silkies Flock Mistress

Jan 4, 2009
    Tempe, Arizona
    Quote:Pen him separately for a few months. Once he mtures he will be a bit more respectful. And the girls will appreciate the temporary reprieve, and nicer manners.

9. turkeybreeder

turkeybreeder Chillin' With My Peeps

May 30, 2010
    Mesa Arizona
    at what age is it easier
    to tell when its rooster or hen

Last edited: Apr 6, 2011
  10. Sonoran Silkies

Sonoran Silkies Flock Mistress

Jan 4, 2009
    Tempe, Arizona
    Quote:Poultry young-uns do not add to the count of your flock until they are all grown up.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by