Arizona Chickens

Quote:
Do you have a/c in the coop right now? I looked at your byc page and I was wondering if you had enough ventilation (it's hard to tell from the pics). Of course, if you do have a/c you might not want lots of ventilation, especially while it's running. I'd think about planting vines or trees around the coop/run to help with shade too. Sorry about your BO. My BOs also suffer the worst of all my birds in this heat.

Quote:
If you want some Aloha eggies, I have a surplus right now, LOL. My 'bators are all full! I'm around 67th Ave. and the I-10. Just tossing that out there . . . .

Sommer

Quote:
YES!!!!!!!!!!!! She did make it with me. Where's my celebrity status? And she said I made her cry, the big baby.
tongue.gif

That cake is friggen sweet!

TT! :

Quote:
YES!!!!!!!!!!!! She did make it with me. Where's my celebrity status? And she said I made her cry, the big baby.
tongue.gif

That cake is friggen sweet!​

I agree!! It is like something I'd dream up doing, but not know how and therefore end up making something messed up instead
lol.png

Quote:
tongue.gif

congratulations the is a really nice cake pastry mama

Quote:
Do you have a/c in the coop right now? I looked at your byc page and I was wondering if you had enough ventilation (it's hard to tell from the pics). Of course, if you do have a/c you might not want lots of ventilation, especially while it's running. I'd think about planting vines or trees around the coop/run to help with shade too. Sorry about your BO. My BOs also suffer the worst of all my birds in this heat.

Mine like a big pan of water to wade in.

We don't have AC yet, but probably will by the end of the weekend. The coop has ventilation, but not a lot, it's up at where the roof pitches. We went for predator proof when building it. Nothing can get in there.

I am planning on adding some more pans of water. I have a big planter saucer that works great. What do you guys use? I also will add a block of ice to their waterer, they would probably like that.

BO's are so fluffy, no wonder they get hot. She is still inside the house, still not really walking very well, so I'm waiting to put her back outside until this weekend when I can be home to keep a close eye on her.

I do have a bougainvilla (sp?) inbetween our house and the run which is growing like a weed, shouldn't be long for that to cover the top of the run.

Thank you for replying. I have had chickens in Oregon and Indiana, and they were low maintenance there. Having them in Arizona for the first time, so trying to get it right, and definately takes a little more effort to keep them healthy and comfortable.

Hi Mahonri,
Here's the fertility ... actually day 6 since I didn't have time to candle yesterday. So 9 clear, the other 14 have some development, one quit already. The ones that say "veins" are ones that I couldn't find the chick or the eye ... but it has to be in there somewhere - LOL! Temp has been 99.3 to 99.8, humidity has been at 35%. I had been doing 50%, which works well for the seramas, but a few of my standard chicks had a little bit of rough navel at that humidity. All healed up perfectly, but I lowered the humidity so it doesn't happen again.

1) quit
2) veins and chick
3) veins and chick
4) clear
5) clear
6) veins and chick (marans)
7) veins and chick (marans)
8) clear (marans)
9) clear (EE)
10) veins and chick (EE)
11) clear (EE)
12) clear (EE)
13) veins
14) veins
15) veins and chick
16) veins and chick
17) veins and chick
18) veins and chick
19) clear
20) clear
21) veins and chick
22) veins
23) veins and chick
24) clear

Thinking of getting rid of some hens and some older pullets. Anyone interested?

The ones i know for sure:
One barred rock (took from a friend so not sure how old but laying regularly)
One buff orp (got her from ArizonaDesertChicks i think its been a little over a year now. she lays well also)
One easter egger (dark colored mixed with orange/gold) (this one is about a year or less she lays well aslo)

Probably have a few more soon but have to make up my mind.

We have a ton of little ones right now and its looking like the straight runs have VERY few roos so i have a few more than i really need.

Once these guys are completely self sufficient i may also get rid of the new pullets.

Im not in a rush to get rid of anything right now, but if your are interested in one of these girls let me know and I can get you a pic and work out something.

Ohh and most of my birds have the scaly leg mites. I do spray their legs down with oil every month and it keeps it under control but havent been able to kill it all so just FYI. No other issues that i know of.

Thanks
Shaun

Quote:
If you want some Aloha eggies, I have a surplus right now, LOL. My 'bators are all full! I'm around 67th Ave. and the I-10. Just tossing that out there . . . .

Sommer

Your killin' me here! Need to convert wine cooler! Michele, help!

Back
Top Bottom