Arizona Chickens

Quote:
Back atcha Memphis!

I agree - AZ BYC poultry show!

Oooh is there a Poultry show in Feb?
celebrate.gif

I hate to say it about the feed store with the bad conditions for animals (don't know which one or where, never been that I know of)....

.....but if people have complained about the conditions and nothing has been done, and it is documented that these conditions are at the bare minimum unsafe in terms of biosecurity, and potentially cruel, maybe it is appropriate to contact either animal welfare organizations or the (county?) animal folks, or maybe USDA(?) ??

I hope not to see a place like that. I would probably lose my mind and say WAAAY too much to the employees/owner. I know they're chickens, but on the other had I do think it's our responsibility to take as good, humane care of them as possible, regardless of whether they're for showing, pets, food production or actual food....
old.gif
smack.gif

and I too would worry about the safety of the feed they're selling...I mean, if the animals around it are sickly,the place is dirty/nasty, how good can that be for the feed?
he.gif

Waah. Now I need to go hug my peepers.

MAMA HEN CHRIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i just called Scottsdale Livestock, they don't carry manna pro, but she will ORDER IT FOR ME!!!!!!!!!!!! she will call me in the morning with a price, may i suggest you do the same?
the location at the airpark is closed today, so i called the other one that is super far, but she will still take care of it and call me in the morning. 480-699-0123 i can have it delivered to the closer location by midweek if the price isn't outrageous.

Quote:
Back atcha Memphis!

I agree - AZ BYC poultry show!

Oooh is there a Poultry show in Feb?
celebrate.gif

Arizona Poultry Organization 3rd Annual Winter/Spring Show
February 11th (coop-in on the 10th, coop-out/cleanup on the 12th)
Arizona State Fairgrounds, Home Ec building

(same building as poultry, rabbits and cavies were in at the county fair)

Quote:
I just called and spoke to Annetta and she will call for the egg maker crumbles for me. She says..did your friend just call here?
smile.png
They are just a couple miles from my house! Thanks for the update!

Quote:
I shop there, too, from time to time. Let me know the price, maybe I can go in on the order with you guys!

I would not shop at the other store, if it were me. I agree with pdx2phx. Why is it acceptable for poultry to be kept in substandard conditions?

AZ State Fair sounds great!

Back
Top Bottom