Arizona Chickens

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by paynemom, Jan 30, 2008.

1. Mikey D

Mikey D Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 12, 2011
    Apache Junction AZ
    Quote:But we NEED the costume! How are you going to fulfill your destiny without the costume?

[DarthVaderVoice] It is your DESTINY![/DarthVaderVoice]

2. mclevinson

mclevinson Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 20, 2010
    Gilbert AZ
    Quote:Could I hop on the bandwagon, please? I can send you my address or you can send it along with the other Tucson folks, and I can pick it up from someone. Whatever is easier for you. [​IMG]

PM me please!

3. mclevinson

Sep 20, 2010
    Gilbert AZ
    Quote:But we NEED the costume! How are you going to fulfill your destiny without the costume?

Okay Darth, you can wear the costume.

4. mclevinson

Sep 20, 2010
    Gilbert AZ
    Quote:Could I hop on the bandwagon, please? I can send you my address or you can send it along with the other Tucson folks, and I can pick it up from someone. Whatever is easier for you. [​IMG]

Meg, you could send all the Tucson seeds to me and I'll see that they get distributed (Tball Chicky, TT!, pimachickens, constance). pimachickens, I'll bring yours to the aquaponics meeting on the 8th.

Constance said you'd do something like that. Okay, Got all the little envelopes for Tucson together.

5. mclevinson

Sep 20, 2010
    Gilbert AZ
    Quote:Meg, you could send all the Tucson seeds to me and I'll see that they get distributed (Tball Chicky, TT!, pimachickens, constance). pimachickens, I'll bring yours to the aquaponics meeting on the 8th.

Speaking of aquaponics...check out this set-up http://sierravista.craigslist.org/pet/2626267878.html

thats looks amazing.

6. tightwad

tightwad Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 9, 2008
  7. Tracydr

Tracydr Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] Yeah, Meg Moringa Moringa seeds![​IMG]
    I'm so tired, I spent almost the whole day canning plums. 19 cents a pound at the Superstition Market, although they don't have anymore. I checked because when I found out how good they are I wanted to get more. FYI- the boiling water bath ones turned out nicer than the pressure canned ones, even though I used the NCHFP Guidelines for both. I was trying to move things along by doing one of each so as to pool resources. I think I'll do my stone fruit in the BWB from now on.
    My OEGB hens are so red in the face and comb. They keep making egg laying noises but no eggs yet. I've searched everywhere, since they refuse to sleep in the coop. I think I need to make some outdoor Banty nest boxes and have a talk with them. I want some fresh eggs!

8. The Critter Place

The Critter Place Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 13, 2011
    Tucson, Az.
    O.K.!
    I hope you all don't mind a little off topic , but I am so excited about our new birds I have to share! [​IMG]

First,
    Our eggs we ordered came in on Wed. Here they are! EE , Coturnix Quail and Button Quail. The brown EE egg at the bottom of the row is fertile! I candled last night and saw the heart beat! [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

We needed this handsome fella for our little female Button Quail.

[​IMG]

Here she is to the back of the photo. The big goofy quail to the front is one of the Coturnix we got 6 weeks ago as a baby.

[​IMG]

This beauty is a female Pacific Parotlett to be paired with our green male.

[​IMG]

And here are our beautiful new Pink Birds!! My favorites!! Rosy Bourkes, Grass parakeets

Female
    [​IMG]

Male
    [​IMG]

Now when the chickens hatch more pics! [​IMG]

9. mclevinson

Sep 20, 2010
    Gilbert AZ
    Quote:Beautiful birdies!

10. pdx2phx

pdx2phx Chased by Chickens

Apr 12, 2010
    SE Coastal GA
    My Coop
    Quote:Aww....Parrotlets! My favorite parrots [​IMG] We have two males (brothers) housed together. I've never had two before, much less two males (always done the single parrotlet). They are a little nuts at times, and bonded to eachother instead of to us, but they are happy little dudes.

[​IMG]

And look, there are chickens in the picture!! [​IMG] I don't know what attracted them to the ceramic chickens, but it made for some cute pictures!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by