Arizona Chickens

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by paynemom, Jan 30, 2008.

1. Gallo del Cielo

Gallo del Cielo La Gallina Resort & Spa

May 6, 2010
    Tucson
    My Coop
  2. The Critter Place

The Critter Place Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 13, 2011
    Tucson, Az.
  3. Tracydr

Tracydr Chillin' With My Peeps

TT! :

Quote:Cute birds! The eggs are gorgeous!

Ditto. I especially like the pink one, never saw that one before.​

4. southerndesert

southerndesert B & M Chicken Ranch

Jun 17, 2011
    Morristown, AZ
    Birth of a moringa tree....

Soaked the seeds, planted the sprouted seed, and away we go....

Into the ground in a day or so as not to impede root development...

And I have some more seeds on the way and 5.5 acres [​IMG] THANK YOU Meg Moringa Seed [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Edit cause I needed to....

Last edited: Oct 4, 2011
  5. Tracydr

Quote:Cute birds! The eggs are gorgeous!

Ditto. I especially like the pink one, never saw that one before.

My husband have a sun conure that he hand raised before I first met him. She was so loud! She was also jealous of my chihuahua. When she started attacking my little dog she had to go.
    He was very sad but understood. Conures bite hard and she was terrorizing the poor little guy. Our house is much whiter without it. We both love parrots but have decided to do without. I used to have hand raised cockatiel who was very sweet. They're much whiter than conures. But, he was very clingy. Parrots tend to be needy birds, I guess. Maybe not for multi-pet households?

6. mclevinson

mclevinson Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 20, 2010
    Gilbert AZ
    TT! :

Quote:You can add mine to Constance and Gallo if it saves on shipping. I'll PM my mailing addy...just so you have it. You're awesome!

Can you add mine to Gallo's, please?​

I sure will, naturally I'm a day late.

7. mclevinson

Sep 20, 2010
    Gilbert AZ
    Quote:Ditto. I especially like the pink one, never saw that one before.

My husband have a sun conure that he hand raised before I first met him. She was so loud! She was also jealous of my chihuahua. When she started attacking my little dog she had to go.
    He was very sad but understood. Conures bite hard and she was terrorizing the poor little guy. Our house is much whiter without it. We both love parrots but have decided to do without. I used to have hand raised cockatiel who was very sweet. They're much whiter than conures. But, he was very clingy. Parrots tend to be needy birds, I guess. Maybe not for multi-pet households?

My Dad used to hand raise baby Half Moons and such. He gave my sister a Military Macaw who ate the exposed beams in her living room. His pet Half Moon "Teddy" was so jealous that he bit thru the phone cord twice when I was talking to Dad, and was mean to my SB (who was only 3 at the time). So I'm just not the large bird person. Except for finches. I'd love an outdoor aviary full of finches, they are so cool to watch.

8. mclevinson

Sep 20, 2010
    Gilbert AZ
    Quote:Oh how cute is that? Not as cute as a fuzzy butt but dear to my heart anyway. They are frost sensitive and resilient. I'd keep it in a pot until it warms up in Spring. The tree I have was in a pot for years, and had only three or so leaves when I planted it maybe 4 months ago. It has grown many branches and 5 feet taller.

9. LarryPQ

LarryPQ Easter Hatch!!

Jul 17, 2009
    Good morning all!

I got to meet memphis and her family on Sunday. She was very understanding about the state of the coop and house.
    I am not sure which was dirtier.

ANYWHOO: I think BamBam is in love with her little ones. It was very cute.

10. Tracydr

Hey all. I have these three Silky chicks. I've never brooded silkies before, only had an adult silky pair once and lost them to predators in OK.[​IMG] Anyway, I'm assuming, because of their different feathers that they have some special needs as far as brooder temps for longer then the regular chicks? I'm just wondering since I'm trying to make plans to seperate them from the Cornish and red packing peanuts. They're a week old and I'm wondering how long I need to plan on them staying in an indoor brooder? Do they need warmer temperatures longer then regular bantam chicks? Any other special needs? I've raised lots of OEGBs but never these little cuties.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by