Arizona Chickens

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by paynemom, Jan 30, 2008.

1. AZBootsie

AZBootsie Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 10, 2010
    Congress, AZ
    My Coop
    Wow....over 30 pages to catch up on. but before I do, I want to post pictures!! Lots of pictures...sorry

Penelope's eggs are hatching!!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

My lavender Ameraucana project may have to wait another season. Majenta (pullet) is 32 weeks old and still no eggs, but I think she is pretty. Riff-Raff (cockerel) is growing up looking really sad...poor feather quality...a wierd gold leakage. Here are pics of them today.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

My Blue Rocks from the Easter Hatch are turning out to be really nice birds. Unless anyone wants a couple of extra Blue Cockerels, I am going to eat them.
    [​IMG]

Finally unfinished Coop Pics. Duplex in progress.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Ok have to unload feed before it gets dark on me...will catch up on everyone's posts tonight.

2. Bob's Henhouse

Bob's Henhouse More like Bob's Nuthouse!

Sep 11, 2010
    Wittmann
    PastryMama, I can get the crane service I use over there for $75 if that's in your budget. I've used them to lift a coop/rabbit hutch onto a trailer.

3. Mikey D

Mikey D Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 12, 2011
    Apache Junction AZ
    Quote:Wowsers! Higley wants $24 for the Kruse pellets. We are talking a 50 lb bag right? The told me $25 for the Kruse starter. I didn't know there was such a big discrepancy in prices place to place

4. Mikey D

Jul 12, 2011
    Apache Junction AZ
    Quote:I'm sure Mikey can weld up some kind of thinga-ma-jig to lift it over the fence [​IMG] Mikey...where are you...come out, come out...

<Captain Kirk Voice> Must...resist...new...project!!!</Captain Kirk Voice>

5. Mikey D

Jul 12, 2011
    Apache Junction AZ
    Quote:[​IMG]

Oh I love it!
    What a great mom!

Just think of how much the chickies will love you.!

Enjoying the rain today!??

Boy so strange, considering it was still like summer 2 days ago.

I know! Right now it is 59 degrees out...it was 90 degrees 2 days ago. 59!! Can there be no happy medium?

The rain is nice, though. I should not complain [​IMG].

Agreed! I was going to ride Aunt Fanny into school tonight but it said 62 on the thermal-meter.

come on, how about 80 for a couple of days first???

6. Mikey D

Jul 12, 2011
    Apache Junction AZ
    Meg-Moringa-Seed! Look!

Found this when I lifted up the licence plate on the seed starter tray you gave me!

[​IMG]

That's one out of 11. BTW - while I can build anything you can draw, I seem to have a black thumb. I can't even grow mold!

7. Mikey D

Jul 12, 2011
    Apache Junction AZ
    What is this and epidemic?

Looked into the feed the Control Tower picked up and it buggy.

WTH?

Maybe the season?

Back to B-B it goes...

So anyone know where in the east valley I can get organic feed w/o bugs?

8. Beckyhsinglsc

Beckyhsinglsc Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 21, 2009
    Gilbert, AZ
    My Coop
    I had quite a day today.
    I was outside cleaning out the grow-out coop for the chickies (perfect weather for it)
    and came inside briefly to let the dog in.
    Heard a noise, went to investigate.
    Turns out, the connection for the water supply hose to the toilet in my bedroom was broken and spraying water. I don't know how long it had been doing this.
    There was at least an inch of water in the bathroom, draining into the closet and threatening the wood floor in the bedroom!
    I turned off the water at the toilet, dammed the water at the bedroom and closet with towels and had my daughter take the rugs out to hang.
    I was just about to start mopping up water when my daughter came back in and said she couldn't find Daisy (our favorite LH).
    So, first things first, I ran outside to help. We looked for 15 minutes before we found her in the neighbor's yard. It took another 10 minutes or so to coax her back.
    The rest of the day has been spent cleaning up the mess in the closet. A bunch of stuff got wet, including the carpet and pad. I have the carpet pulled up and fans blowing on it.
    What a mess! [​IMG]
    Good news is the chickie coop is finally ready. [​IMG]

9. tball chicky

tball chicky Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2011
    Safford, AZ
    Quote:[​IMG] Just reading all that was exhausting. You deserve a bowl of ice cream & hot fudge [​IMG] for doing all that!

10. Tracydr

Tracydr Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:I rescued a border collie one time. She had to stay with us for about two months before the no- kill shelter could take her in, when we lived near Tulsa. Her name was Stinky. You can imagine what her favorite hobby was. [​IMG]
    Guess what she did the day I had to deliver her to the shelter forty miles into town, on my way to Medical school?[​IMG] [​IMG] it wasn't the first time, or second, or third, or fourth, or fifth....[​IMG] [​IMG]
    I was really glad that dog found a new place to live, sweet as she was.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2011

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by