Arizona Chickens

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by paynemom, Jan 30, 2008.

1. Tracydr

Tracydr Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:Wowsers! Higley wants $24 for the Kruse pellets. We are talking a 50 lb bag right? The told me $25 for the Kruse starter. I didn't know there was such a big discrepancy in prices place to place

Holy, moly! I thought we were getting ripped off on this end of town but that's crazy! Maybe we need to make a bulk run. My parents live up that way. I could get feed when I visit. What do you think, Mikey?

2. Tracydr

Quote:I've had days like that.
    Must have been chicken escape day, too. Maybe the weather? I had three hop the front wall, then hop into the neighbor's yard. Neighbor came over to tell me she had three chickens in the yard. Of course, the two ring leaders were Egyptians. I could have guessed that!

3. mclevinson

mclevinson Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 20, 2010
    Gilbert AZ
    I had a pretty decent morning, a great lunch, and a pretty decent afternoon. Got to meet Tracydr (Hi!) who kindly brought me feathers for Emmys project, and compounded her niceness by eating Vietnamese food with me. Checked the mail and got the beads for the project (yea!) Now just need a threader thingie and the parrot feathers Laree left for me at Pastrymamas and we're off.

4. mclevinson

mclevinson Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 20, 2010
    Gilbert AZ
    Quote:Go Mikey Go!

5. Tracydr

Quote:Go Mikey Go!

But, Mikey seems to grow bugs in his chick food real well![​IMG]

6. Beckyhsinglsc

Beckyhsinglsc Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 21, 2009
    Gilbert, AZ
    My Coop
    Quote:[​IMG] Just reading all that was exhausting. You deserve a bowl of ice cream & hot fudge [​IMG] for doing all that!

Oh! good idea! [​IMG]

7. Memphisjourney2seramas

Memphisjourney2seramas Chillin' With My Peeps

May 19, 2011
    Quote:I rescued a border collie one time. She had to stay with us for about two months before the no- kill shelter could take her in, when we lived near Tulsa. Her name was Stinky. You can imagine what her favorite hobby was. [​IMG]
    Guess what she did the day I had to deliver her to the shelter forty miles into town, on my way to Medical school?[​IMG] [​IMG] it wasn't the first time, or second, or third, or fourth, or fifth....[​IMG] [​IMG]
    I was really glad that dog found a new place to live, sweet as she was.

Our dog (deceased) would chase cats out of the yard at all hours of the nighr. One night he ran up to what he thought was a cat and got sprayed right in the face and eyes. Hubby ran out to see what the commotion was an the dog, who was dripping stink...literally, got it all over DH and dripped it all through the house and all over the doggy door. Needless to say it was a very stinky night. I was pregnant and super gag sensitive at the time and they both has to sleep else where after tomatoe baths!!!

Last edited: Oct 6, 2011
  8. tightwad

tightwad Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 9, 2008
    Quote:Wowsers! Higley wants $24 for the Kruse pellets. We are talking a 50 lb bag right? The told me $25 for the Kruse starter. I didn't know there was such a big discrepancy in prices place to place

Holy, moly! I thought we were getting ripped off on this end of town but that's crazy! Maybe we need to make a bulk run. My parents live up that way. I could get feed when I visit. What do you think, Mikey?

Could it be that it's not their organic feed? I saw that they make both.

9. southerndesert

southerndesert B & M Chicken Ranch

Jun 17, 2011
    Morristown, AZ
    Quote:Wow, sorry to hear that and hope clean up and repair went OK....

10. pastrymama

pastrymama Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2010
    Phoenix
    Quote:Holy, moly! I thought we were getting ripped off on this end of town but that's crazy! Maybe we need to make a bulk run. My parents live up that way. I could get feed when I visit. What do you think, Mikey?

Could it be that it's not their organic feed? I saw that they make both.

you are correct. it is not organic feed. their organic prices are the same as the ones you quoted. if i WERE to buy organic, it would be soy free, corn free. it's the same price, just needs to be trucked in from oregon. however, i just have too many birds to worry about feeding them organic feed.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by