Arizona Chickens

Quote:
What is your motivation to go from nipples to cups?

I am under the impression that the cups are going to get filled with dirt/dust/yuck where the nipples are pretty much maintenance free.

I'm just curious about them. I like how it could be easily made height-adjustable. Some people love them, so I'd thought I'd just see for myself. Mine will be inside the coop so it'll be somewhat protected from blowing debris. Maybe that'll be the thing that makes me not want them, who knows.

Have you tried dem der fancy uni seal gizmos?

Yes! Now I'm trying to invent new projects just to use them.

Quote:

I am under the impression that the cups are going to get filled with dirt/dust/yuck where the nipples are pretty much maintenance free.

I'm just curious about them. I like how it could be easily made height-adjustable. Some people love them, so I'd thought I'd just see for myself. Mine will be inside the coop so it'll be somewhat protected from blowing debris. Maybe that'll be the thing that makes me not want them, who knows.

lau.gif
that's never a problem around here!

Quote:

lau.gif
that's never a problem around here!

Do you have to order them online or is there someplace local that carries them? (uni-seals)

Hello folks.. Just wanted to let you all know that I'm still lurking about.. I love this thread, and all the people on it.. I always learn so much from it, and the people are always so helpful with problems... Will

Kev, Looks like you were right.. The January peeper is starting to look more and more like a roo.. Hasn't started to crow (yet), but looks more like the Labor Day chick ( a definite roo), every day.. I named it Dumpling, cause when he crows, that's a date he will have... Will

Well maybe BlueBells eye thing is just sensitivity to dust and other junk in the air at this time. Sure can't be a real infection if it the eye is good one day and bad the next. I do think she did have an infection started and the meds got it, for the area around the eye was a bit puffy and pinkish. The infection made that eye more sensitive than the other eye you think? 9 months ago it was really a bad infection!
Thanks she really is a awsome bird!

Do you have to order them online or is there someplace local that carries them? (uni-seals)

I've only ever seen them online.

Now thinking about this, with you being up in Phoenix, there might be someplace that carries them. They are commonly used in saltwater reef systems and in hydroponics; it might be worth a call to a couple of your largest businesses there.

Last edited:
Does anyone know where I can buy food grade DE in Tucson? Ants have discovered my coop/run. I have non-food-grade DE but everyone on BYC says use food grade stuff around the chickens. Not totally sure what the difference is. No time to order online - the ants will discover the feeder before anything can get delivered.

My chickens love cockroaches but seem totally uninterested in eating ants. Just wait until their layer pellets start marching out the coop one at a time.
rant.gif
you can buy food grade DE at most feed stores. The differenence between them is one will KILL your animals ans one WONT. make sure it says FOOD GRADE !

Still not better - Tammy took me to Urgent Care this AM
Doc says, " you have this, this and this?"
I says, "Yup."
She says, "Is it like this, this and that?"
I says, "Yup."
She says, " You have the Roto Virus."
I says, "It is more like the Roto-rooter virus."

Back
Top Bottom