Arizona Chickens

FuzzyBird-

These would be the parents of the light chicks:

Momma Freckles EE

Momma Tilly EE

Momma Cuddles EE

Dad Rooster Cogburn

Some of these are coming out looking a lot like Freckles....some white....some wheaten....some salmon. "box of chocolates" Easter Eggers. The pics I took of my EE babies are blury...but here are a couple I think you can see well enough to get color ideas.

This little Cockerel has the greenest legs I have ever seen.

Ok will find pics of the B/B and lavs in a bit.
Nice looking chickens!

OK Fuzzybird- Here is another flood of pics.

Your dark chicks are from my Lav Am project birds. Though not yet an accepted Ameraucana color, a lot of people are working to improve them and they should be accepted soon.

Momma is Morticia. She is one of the chicks that AuroraRose bought from Wayne Meredith last year. Experts on the Ameraucana thread had great comments when I posted her pic there.

Daddy RiffRaff is a Lav Roo from MugsMagee. He has his flaws and that is why I am breeding him to Morticia.

Your dark chicks will grow up either black or blue, with a recessive lav gene. If you breed them together, you should get lavs, blues, blacks and splits. The lavs will be an improvement over RiffRaff.

One of my little splits: This one will probably be a very dark blue or black. Some of them are lighter or have white markings that will grow in dark with their grown up feathers.

This is a little lav with an imperfect comb, but nice color and feather quality.

And finally some blues and blacks that hatched from shipped eggs. I am hoping to get a nice blue roo to breed with Morticia.

I did have some Wheaten Ameraucanas that hatched last summer. The quality was iffy....so they have been rehomed to laying flocks. I can't remember if that was before or after I collected your eggs. You could have some pet quality Wheatens in the mix also.
More good lookn chix!!!

Love those pictures Mikey! You saw the pictures of my young Polish.
Bootsie thanks for all the pictures. I am going to keep them in a folder. WE are likely to keep all the hens and maybe a roo.
Here is the 7 chicks that was born on lockdown day one. Maybe you can tell me what you think the colors will be. Not one is the same markings.The other 8 have not even peeped yet? How silly is that?

TOO CUTE!!!

Anyone want a silkie roo? I have 4 that are free to a good home, we are desperate, my neighbor s a police officer and wants them gone! Please help e give thema good home, they are free
6f5890a6.jpg
Beautiful!!!

Hey gang what is the opinion of when the nights are not to cool to put out chicks? Like to get them out of my room but have no heat sorce outside.
I also want to introduce Poppy or Poppycock what either the case may be. If attitude is a good indicater than he is a Poppy Cock he love to rush my and peck my shoes when I come into the coop. He really doesn't mind being picked up either. He is a paint that hatched from the eggs I got from Aurorarose. All three in the picture are from her eggs as was my cute pair of Polish. I think the young white silky is a hen but the dark one is more likely a male. They are 12 weeks old.

Also very cute!!!

Someone needs to start a retreat for extra roosters! Somewhere they can be retired to and live a nice life
I love that idea. I love roosters, they are so beautiful. I wish I had a place large enough and with no "city" type rules that say NONO to roos. As far as I am concerned the freezer is a very inhospitable place for roosters. Living out their lives on a giant piece of land somewhere sounds perfect to me! (Eat more beef!!!) Oh oh , I love cows too, LOL
hide.gif
darnit

I know most people wait to put theyre chicks out when they are older but in the summer mine are out with all the chicks at week old. right now our nursery has 1wk old - 1 1/2 month olds . And they stay toasty at night in the summer. Now winter is a whole different story.

Back
Top Bottom