Arizona Chickens

Yeah, the only reason I partially precook the chicken is to make it easier to cut up. You should taste my stuffed jalapeños! I split them and remove the seeds, then stuff them with string cheese and chorizo sausage. Wrap with bacon and smoke 'til the bacon is done. NEVER any leftovers!

Cut up to put in the jars or cut up after canning? I find it easier to cut the raw chicken with my crazy sharp Pampered Chef knife than I do cutting it partially or fully cooked. But each to their own.

Please post that recipe for the stuffed jalapenos! That sounds delicious and I'm sure many of us would love to try it.

Cut up to put in the jars or cut up after canning?  I find it easier to cut the raw chicken with my crazy sharp Pampered Chef knife than I do cutting it partially or fully cooked.  But each to their own.

Please post that recipe for the stuffed jalapenos!  That sounds delicious and I'm sure many of us would love to try it.

Are you in Tucson? I'm bringing a batch to the Poultry Club meeting tomorrow.

I had the same preoblem when breeding shepherds. I had several people that couldn't understand why I wouldn't sell them an intact dog or why I wouldn't want to breed my male to their husky mix. "I just want a litter of puppies. I can give them away." Ugh. Go away befor I shoot you in the face.
OMG syl - tell us how you really feel.
big_smile.png

Help!!! Plz.
This chick hatched to one of my broodies and we just got home and found it when we went to spray the coops. She looks like her fluff has been scalped off her head. Her eyes are not open. I sprayed her with blue coat to keep infections away. What could of happened?

She drank water but has not eaten yet. I of course pulled her into the house in my brooder crate. Any thoughts will help.
Oh she can hear fine.

No, I'm in far Northwest Peoria, near Lake Pleasant.

My old stomping grounds! My ex still lives in Glendale, I think. On my time off, I used to check out the old mines and Native American sites north of Lake Pleasant. Found an old Spanish arrastre up there once, next to the stone walls of a very small sleeping room. Found a similar room north of Seven Springs, but no evidence of mining activity, just lots of broken Indian pottery.

Help!!! Plz.
This chick hatched to one of my broodies and we just got home and found it when we went to spray the coops. She looks like her fluff has been scalped off her head. Her eyes are not open. I sprayed her with blue coat to keep infections away. What could of happened?

She drank water but has not eaten yet. I of course pulled her into the house in my brooder crate. Any thoughts will help.
Oh she can hear fine.

Hard to say what happened but it is possible the broody (or someone else) picked the feather fuzz off the chick's head. Perhaps there is something wrong with the chick that you can't see?

Edited to add: I missed the comment about "spray the coop" earlier. What are you spraying for? Could the chick have been attacked by mites?

Last edited:
Hard to say what happened but it is possible the broody (or someone else) picked the feather fuzz off the chick's head.  Perhaps there is something wrong with the chick that you can't see?

Edited to add:  I missed the comment about "spray the coop" earlier.  What are you spraying for?  Could the chick have been attacked by mites?

No spraying with water cuz its very hot. We spray their dirt baths when it gets very hot.

Back
Top Bottom