Arizona Chickens

I see more wheezing when the winds pick up. And this time of year gets pretty windy, we've had some dirt devils come through the yard today that tossed some fairly heavy things around the property. When we go at least a couple weeks without any strong winds the wheezing mostly goes away. I suspect it has something to do with blowing dust. Birds have a much more complicated lung system than we do, and it actually takes two breaths to exhale what they've inhaled. So whatever they breath stays in the system longer. I suspect they suffer a mild case of walking pneumonia when the dust kicks up in large amounts... That's just my theory. I would say to just keep an eye on her and make sure she doesn't get any worse than she has, and maybe try some VetRx..

I see more wheezing when the winds pick up. And this time of year gets pretty windy, we've had some dirt devils come through the yard today that tossed some fairly heavy things around the property. When we go at least a couple weeks without any strong winds the wheezing mostly goes away. I suspect it has something to do with blowing dust. Birds have a much more complicated lung system than we do, and it actually takes two breaths to exhale what they've inhaled. So whatever they breath stays in the system longer. I suspect they suffer a mild case of walking pneumonia when the dust kicks up in large amounts... That's just my theory. I would say to just keep an eye on her and make sure she doesn't get any worse than she has, and maybe try some VetRx..

Yes, there has been quite a few of those that I have been seeing lately. Lucky for me the one's that moved in closest to me went through the neighbors yard. I have noticed that my NN's don't like to be over by my misters. The one's that seem to want under the misters the most are the Australorps.

I'm at tsc I brought her inside in a makeshift cage in getting vetrx and maybe antibiotics I just am surprised at how fast it cones on she sneezes too but no other symptoms

The misters havebeen on and they are relying on wet dirt and puddles and ice to keep cool

She's the only one:fl:hit

howdy all!!!

Back from the existential black hole of transforming from a child to an adult.

BOY its been a long minute since I was on here.

I guess for anyone who wondered where I went,

I graduated HS on time with a B+ average, got engaged , and then a week later he left for boot camp.

Got a job at Ace Hardware on Hougton where I was their crazy chicken lady and (not to toot my own horn) the best cashier ever.

My fiance/hubby got his orders and we were both excited and terrified at the prospect of our new location, OAHU HAWAII.

This meant I had to sell/rehome ALL of my birds....

my dearest most favorite animals.

My dog , Bailey, passed away the same day I re-homed the chickens, and I had to re-home my guinea pig two days later.

it was a rough week.

I went on my elk hunt, quit my job at the photography shop, went to watch my fiance/hubby graduate from boot camp, got in a HUGE argument with the future in-laws while we were in Texas. That was fun. Finally got what had been bottled up for more than 3 years off of my chest the that wicked hag.

Things calmed down after that, of course.

It was mostly wedding planing from then on.

We got married April 20th of this year, honeymooned for a week, I came back to arizona and he stayed in Hawaii.

I officially moved to Oahu May 19th

ITS SO BEAUTIFUL HERE.

so many chickens and so LUSH .

We live in Base housing, and although i miss my chickens dearly, we have our two newest family members Chip and Dale , as well as my office birds, Yeloe and Bloo to keep us company for the rest of their days.

unnamed-1.jpg
unnamed-2.jpg
unnamed-3.jpg
unnamed-4.jpg
unnamed-5.jpg
unnamed-6.jpg
unnamed.jpg

howdy all!!!

Back from the existential black hole of transforming from a child to an adult.

BOY its been a long minute since I was on here.

I guess for anyone who wondered where I went,
OMG.... I am so happy to hear things are going well for you... I did wonder what had happened after you left...
Oahu is beautiful... and everything grows there..
So are you working there???
Stay safe, and enjoy every minute that you can be there...
Beth

OMG.... I am so happy to hear things are going well for you... I did wonder what had happened after you left...
Oahu is beautiful... and everything grows there..
So are you working there???
Stay safe, and enjoy every minute that you can be there...
Beth

honestly its so beautful here.

I work from home currently, as I have these silly puppers to care for and their potty training is slow going for the moment.

Data input for a local pet business.

We have gone to the beach every other weekend so far and its gorgeous. WORKING ON THIS tan o' mine.

@BlueBaby were on the neighboring island of Oahu, which only has a small brush fire going on at the moment luckily. The Big Island has all those raging rivers of lava all over the place.

nature is a force to be reckoned with.

Back
Top Bottom