Arizona Chickens

Over in East Mesa. She ran an ad in Craigslist Farm and Garden section. She order's them as chick's and then sell's them as started Bird's. She's expensive though. She sold me these one's that were a couple month's old for $25.00 each.

Wow, but they are a rarer bird. I paid $13 for 5-6 week old Isbars and Mosaics. I'd rather get a chick though, because I have enough broodies that can care for them. That way they can grow up in the particular environment they'll be living in, get the immune system built up and all that. And I LOOOVE chicks. :D Thanks for the info!

Wow, but they are a rarer bird. I paid $13 for 5-6 week old Isbars and Mosaics. I'd rather get a chick though, because I have enough broodies that can care for them. That way they can grow up in the particular environment they'll be living in, get the immune system built up and all that. And I LOOOVE chicks. :D Thanks for the info!

I just went to craigslist and found this ad for 4 day old chick's for $8.00 each. The problem with that is they are too young to know what the feather pattern is going to look like yet, as at this age they are only fuzz ball's.

https://phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/grd/d/mesa-barnevelder-chicks-female-4-days/7172580880.html

I was handling (fondeling) the Barred Hollands yesterday but did not weigh them. The males are much bigger than the pullets. Not exactly dinner size, though! But, better than a leghorn male at the same age. They act like my leghorn roosters, though! Already trying to breed the pullets!:rolleyes:

Why Yes, i did try and see where i might make a house chicken coop for two barnevelders. Daisy Mae would probably lose her top hen rank though, which would ruin her world.

We got rain!! Not just evaporating mist, but gigantic actual rain drops for about 30 minutes, woohoo!!

I was watching those cloud's all afternoon. The rain missed me again! :hit

Back
Top Bottom