Arizona Chickens

I lost a few birds this summer. Be careful with misters, too much moisture in the air can cause respiratory issues. Ice blocks without water in that kiddie pool will help them cool off. Just put it in a dry pool and they will sip it as it melts and stand in it where it pools. I put mine out around noon so they have a puddle to enjoy by the hottest part of the day. Good luck! BTW my son has a Wyandotte and it did just fine this summer.

Thanks for the advices.. and thanks now.i feel a bit better owning wyandotte. :)

Anyone have any extra banty chicks? Or full grown? My friend had coons break into her coop and massacred her chickens except one. She's 86 and her chickens were one of the few things that kept her spirits up.

Sorry that your friend lost her chicken's to the coon's. I hope that the coop has now been made coon-proof as they will be back for any new one's that she get's. I can't help with the banties, as all of mine are the larger dual-purpose one's.

I'll watch for any more odd eggs, I'm not sure who laid it but my Sussex tend to have paler eggs unless I have a new layer.

Find out what girl it is so that you can keep a better eye on her. It look's like the beginning's of a latch egg, and she might end up with a prolapsed vent.

Anyone have any extra banty chicks? Or full grown? My friend had coons break into her coop and massacred her chickens except one. She's 86 and her chickens were one of the few things that kept her spirits up.
I have 3 chicks here that are 4 weeks old, Mille Fleur d’Uccle

Sorry that your friend lost her chicken's to the coon's. I hope that the coop has now been made coon-proof as they will be back for any new one's that she get's. I can't help with the banties, as all of mine are the larger dual-purpose one's.
The coop is a a prefab from the feed store, not know for integrity, I don't how people who design those things think it's secure. I'm going to have to beef it up. The security of the coop always bugged me but theres not much you can do about someone elses coop. The remaining hen wasn't in the main coop, thankfully so she's fine.
Find out what girl it is so that you can keep a better eye on her. It look's like the beginning's of a latch egg, and she might end up with a prolapsed vent.
No strange eggs today and all the hens look fine and perky, I'll be watching them for any distress. If I get any more strange eggs , I'll mark the suspects.
I have 3 chicks here that are 4 weeks old, Mille Fleur d’Uccle
Do you regularly have chicks because d'Uccles, especially Mille Fleur, are lsome I'm looking for. And silkies. And cochins, I think she'd like cochins.

Last edited:
The coop is a a prefab from the feed store, not know for integrity, I don't how people who design those things think it's secure. I'm going to have to beef it up. The security of the coop always bugged me but theres not much you can do about someone elses coop. The remaining hen wasn't in the main coop, thankfully so she's fine.

No strange eggs today and all the hens look fine and perky, I'll be watching them for any distress. If I get any more strange eggs , I'll mark the suspects.

Do you regularly have chicks because d'Uccles, especially Mille Fleur, are some I'm looking for. And silkies.
No, I only have these three as a fun thing to try but they really are too small for my flock. I have Turken, my most recent hatchlings from today are almost as big as the d’Uccles

Back
Top Bottom