Arizona Chickens

AngBantamLuv

Songster
May 9, 2020
Phoenix, AZ
Chicken question.. the girls are now 21 weeks old.. i just bought their crushed oyster shell... can i mix this in the same bowl as their grit? Or do they need to be separated? Im hoping one bowl is sufficient and they can aim well enough to pick out what they want.

After reading tons of reviews, im going to start them on nutrena feather fixer (mixing grower and new feed for 2 weeks). The pellets are a small pellet size and the reviewers are saying it really minimized molting. That would be beneficial to me since they are indoors. And they are fancy feather birds, so hoping anything feather fixing will make them extra pretty as well, more vibrancy to their feather colors. Anddd most importantly, people say the poop doesn't stink with this food! My hunch is its because it uses soy vs animal meat/fat.

igorsMistress

Crossing the road barefoot.
Premium Feather Member
Apr 9, 2013
My Coop
If my coop was ready, I'd be really interested in those two hens. A few days ago a pair of coyotes were walking around a few feet from the future coop, so it needs to be predator proofed and have a run attached before I bring any hens home.

If they can make that kind of money from started pullets, I'll quit my job tomorrow and start raising chickens! I wonder if they've sold any?
It’s doubtful and that is absolutely ridiculous. Hype over all the chicks that have died in the mail lately, I think the gullible would buy into it but not most people.

igorsMistress

Crossing the road barefoot.
Premium Feather Member
Apr 9, 2013
My Coop
Chicken question.. the girls are now 21 weeks old.. i just bought their crushed oyster shell... can i mix this in the same bowl as their grit? Or do they need to be separated? Im hoping one bowl is sufficient and they can aim well enough to pick out what they want.

After reading tons of reviews, im going to start them on nutrena feather fixer (mixing grower and new feed for 2 weeks). The pellets are a small pellet size and the reviewers are saying it really minimized molting. That would be beneficial to me since they are indoors. And they are fancy feather birds, so hoping anything feather fixing will make them extra pretty as well, more vibrancy to their feather colors. Anddd most importantly, people say the poop doesn't stink with this food! My hunch is its because it uses soy vs animal meat/fat.
For vibrant feathers try hemp seed. Good stuffs

BlueBaby

Addict
Mar 21, 2016
Maricopa, AZ. (near Phoenix)
It’s doubtful and that is absolutely ridiculous. Hype over all the chicks that have died in the mail lately, I think the gullible would buy into it but not most people.
I agree. The prices on CL has gotten ridiculous also lately. They say there's a fool born every minute, and we seem to have a bunch of them around lately.

springvalley123

Songster
May 22, 2015
North of Phoenix
Look's like the price of chicken feed is going up. A bag of the same feed at the same place that mine comes from was $5.00 more than it was the last time I got some there. It's probably because of so many that bought chick's, plus the combination of the fires and flood's?
I also read something about availability of feed due to the fire and hurricanes.

Top Bottom