Arizona Chickens

ETA:::: UPDATE!!! I had a brilliant idea, and have someone to keep them for a couple of weeks while I build an enclosure at the new place. I had sold her some of this very flock, so her birds have already been exposed to these birds (no other chickens ever at my place in BCC), and she's gonna keep them separate anyway. PHEW!

Anyone interested in 4 andalusian hens? hatched 8/14/19. Going thru molt right now. They had been laying about 3.3 eggs/day, true to hatchery's 280 per year. They can be confined for a bit. In fact I had a skunk so had to confine them for a few days recently.

$50 total for the 4 of them.

I'm moving from Black canyon city back up to spring valley (Mayer) and am out of options for moving the birds with me. Was going to keep them in BCC for a few days while I put together a new run (while simultaneously unpacking etc), but it's going to be 102 here in BCC on moving day and the next, so I'd have to be down here also, keeping the birds cool.

I looked at the TSC producer's pride 8x8 pen, but would have to rent a trailer, if they had one in stock. I don't have time for two hours of driving, renting a trailer, etc.

IMG_0424.JPEG

Attachments

• IMG_0425.JPEG
    IMG_0425.JPEG
    366 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_0426.JPEG
    IMG_0426.JPEG
    426.4 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_0428.JPEG
    IMG_0428.JPEG
    888.3 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_0429.JPEG
    IMG_0429.JPEG
    806.9 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_0431.JPEG
    IMG_0431.JPEG
    881.5 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Anyone interested in 4 andalusian hens? hatched 8/14/19. Going thru molt right now. They had been laying about 3.3 eggs/day, true to hatchery's 280 per year. They can be confined for a bit. In fact I had a skunk so had to confine them for a few days recently.

$50 total for the 4 of them.

I'm moving from Black canyon city back up to spring valley (Mayer) and am out of options for moving the birds with me. Was going to keep them in BCC for a few days while I put together a new run (while simultaneously unpacking etc), but it's going to be 102 here in BCC on moving day and the next, so I'd have to be down here also, keeping the birds cool.

I looked at the TSC producer's pride 8x8 pen, but would have to rent a trailer, if they had one in stock. I don't have time for two hours of driving, renting a trailer, etc.

View attachment 2344131
They're so pretty, I wish I could open a home for wayward hens....

I went to Pratts today.. was not going to look at chicks, i told myself again and again. But i looked!! Thankfully no bantams available.. but they had these cute ducks, and the chicks sign said pullets.. seems like everyone has enough chicks and hens to go around.. but i took a pic (helps me to not go back to look again!!) In case anyone is interested.. they didn't list the breeds.

Attachments

• 20200922_124808.jpg
    20200922_124808.jpg
    829.8 KB · Views: 6
  • 20200922_124828.jpg
    20200922_124828.jpg
    909.9 KB · Views: 6

Back
Top Bottom