Arizona Chickens

Good morning AZ. The sun is just peeking over the horizon and it’s wet and chilly outside. Blech. My duckling are growing like weeds, so today I’m shopping for a new pool. It won’t be long anything I have around will be far too small. Frank goes to the vet today also to get his bandage removed and have his stitches checked. Hope you all have a great weekend! 60s later will be awesome for some yard work!

Good morning AZ. The sun is just peeking over the horizon and it’s wet and chilly outside. Blech. My duckling are growing like weeds, so today I’m shopping for a new pool. It won’t be long anything I have around will be far too small. Frank goes to the vet today also to get his bandage removed and have his stitches checked. Hope you all have a great weekend! 60s later will be awesome for some yard work!
What size pool do you have now? During the summer Walmart had some plastic kiddie pools for around $10 but since it’s winter, ordering online might be your best bet

I had to cut the feathers by their eyes on 2 of theses possible “girls” one is really black, one has some lighter feathers & the 3rd has that pretty thick necklace.
C708D61F-0577-4F58-924C-6FCD2959F598.jpeg
E70A74E0-9A80-4B0F-97EA-32EC5B3AA342.jpeg
9E9271AD-0342-4257-B20C-CD1AA9CA8D18.jpeg
BE2874DF-EF8B-4634-8F48-EB8E8744F115.jpeg
AC9F1727-E168-4DED-BCE6-870C2809864B.jpeg

What size pool do you have now? During the summer Walmart had some plastic kiddie pools for around $10 but since it’s winter, ordering online might be your best bet
They’re just babies so bowls and such are what I’m using now. I’m going to get a 70 gallon stock stank for them to use.

I had to cut the feathers by their eyes on 2 of theses possible “girls” one is really black, one has some lighter feathers & the 3rd has that pretty thick necklace. View attachment 2449179View attachment 2449180View attachment 2449181View attachment 2449182View attachment 2449183
Omg they are too cute!!! I love their big baby eyes!!

So i can't see the combs super well, except in your second to last pic. What ended up being accurate with Bella and Nala, was the comb shape as it raises.. not where it starts at the beak, but a little higher. Girls are supposed to have a V shape, and males a U shape. It SORT of looks like the second to last has that U shape. I wouldn't rehome anyone based on that, but it was true for Bella and Nala. I couldn't use posture, because Bella has always been standing taller.. but the comb was a good indicator for the silkies.

@City farm Since you mess with a lot of different plant's, I have a question for you. This summer, I had put some toes of unpeeled garlic in my deep freezer. I had planned to plant them in the fall, but forgot to. If I leave them in the deep freezer, will they still be good to plant next fall?
I don’t think they will be viable, but still give it a try. Once you pull them out if they still stay hard then they might make it. You can still plant now, it’s the season for garlic & onions.

Good afternoon AZ. Here’s my duckies. I’m having so much fun with these little ones. Igor said he wants to have four total, but I told him he can get another when he’s the one taking care of them. I’m happy with just the three.
View attachment 2449693View attachment 2449694View attachment 2449697
Awe, so cute! Lorraine our broody is sitting on fertile chicken eggs. I have no idea how that’s gonna go down but she’s very gentle so we will see. If not I’m gonna have to find some baby ducks to sit under her to get her to stop being broody.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom