Arizona Chickens

Awe, so cute! Lorraine or broody is sitting on fertile chicken eggs. I have no idea how that’s gonna go down but she’s very gentle so we will see. If not I’m gonna have to find some baby ducks to sit under her to get her to stop being broody.
Good luck! I’ve read about chickens raising ducklings so it might work ok.

I don’t think they will be viable, but still give it a try. Once you pull them out if they still stay hard then they might make it. You can still plant now, it’s the season for garlic & onions.

Ok, thank's! I'll take a couple out and thaw them out to see. I had read before not to peel the individual toes of the garlic before freezing them to keep them from sticking together when frozen.

Agh, today is day 21 and with no further adooooo. I am proud to announce the new momma & arrivals. She is a proud momma.. I am giddy & will be busy checking on the others that are ”pipping” We will not be keeping them so let us know if you have a furever home.
452421BE-7A23-4FCE-B479-DD33F9A809D0.jpeg
3AB70630-1008-4077-8E75-8C35A13F54B9.jpeg

The cockerel is a bielefelder, agh auto correct..Alohas, E.E. N.N & SLW/GLW. View attachment 2450534

Ok, and if you need an Aloha boy later, let me know. I'm sure that some of these 3 week old one's in my brooder are boy's, and I'll only be keeping the girl's from this batch of 10.

Finally going to start my chicken hobby this week! Coop is going to be finished by January so I'm going to start with some chicks so that the coop will be done by the time they are ready to transition outside. There's a local shop that sells chicks and will take back any that are not pullets and they have 3 varieties right now.
I want to start off with 6 and see how I do from there, but I have a few questions. Is it better off to get a few of each breed or can I do 1 of each? I didn't see any for sale in the forum, do people usually sell their chicks? and if so do they take back any that aren't pullets. If I were to get the 3 types now and add later, how hard is it to introduce younger chickens?

Finally going to start my chicken hobby this week! Coop is going to be finished by January so I'm going to start with some chicks so that the coop will be done by the time they are ready to transition outside. There's a local shop that sells chicks and will take back any that are not pullets and they have 3 varieties right now.
I want to start off with 6 and see how I do from there, but I have a few questions. Is it better off to get a few of each breed or can I do 1 of each? I didn't see any for sale in the forum, do people usually sell their chicks? and if so do they take back any that aren't pullets. If I were to get the 3 types now and add later, how hard is it to introduce younger chickens?

Do you happen to know what 3 varieties that they have? @City farm just hatched out some chick's that she doesn't want to keep.

Back
Top Bottom