Arizona Chickens

That's where those plastic grocery bag's would come in handy to scoop those bodies up in. It seems that the recycling places don't want to take those anymore.
Walmart still recycles them. I heard that fry’s won’t be offering them anymore but right now with Covid I’d imagine that’s out the window.

Walmart still recycles them. I heard that fry’s won’t be offering them anymore but right now with Covid I’d imagine that’s out the window.
There are specific "bag only" recyclers.. they make plastic pellets from the bags that are then used to make new plastic items. But a lot of those are in China and China isn't accepting our plastic/recyclables anymore (which is why a lot of recycling plants are closing at this point). I use grocery bags for everything, they are definitely reused in my house. Trash can liners, lunch bags, poop bags, gloves, packing material. I know there are irresponsible people that just throw them everywhere, but they are so useful to me. I hope we get to keep them here.

There are specific "bag only" recyclers.. they make plastic pellets from the bags that are then used to make new plastic items. But a lot of those are in China and China isn't accepting our plastic/recyclables anymore (which is why a lot of recycling plants are closing at this point). I use grocery bags for everything, they are definitely reused in my house. Trash can liners, lunch bags, poop bags, gloves, packing material. I know there are irresponsible people that just throw them everywhere, but they are so useful to me. I hope we get to keep them here.
I’ve made yarn out of them and crocheted them into lunch bags, beach bags, etc. in the past. Now I just recycle at walmart but if it wasn’t for covid, I wouldn’t use them much. I have a ton of bags I’ve made from old T-shirt’s and the reusable ones from various stores just sitting in the trunk of my car. We aren’t allowed to use them.

I’ve made yarn out of them and crocheted them into lunch bags, beach bags, etc. in the past. Now I just recycle at walmart but if it wasn’t for covid, I wouldn’t use them much. I have a ton of bags I’ve made from old T-shirt’s and the reusable ones from various stores just sitting in the trunk of my car. We aren’t allowed to use them.
Oh i didn't know that you couldn't take them in! Ive been using curbside pickup at walmart now.. which i love, because i keep an ongoing shopping list on their app. Plus i actually hate actually in-person grocery shopping, even before covid.

Im decluttering at the moment.. i feel like i can't get the stuff out of the house fast enough. Done arguing w kids too, so we are now a toy free home, where they have to use their imaginations and even *gasp* play outside!

Oh i didn't know that you couldn't take them in! Ive been using curbside pickup at walmart now.. which i love, because i keep an ongoing shopping list on their app. Plus i actually hate actually in-person grocery shopping, even before covid.

Im decluttering at the moment.. i feel like i can't get the stuff out of the house fast enough. Done arguing w kids too, so we are now a toy free home, where they have to use their imaginations and even *gasp* play outside!
I’m picky about my produce and meat so I’d rather just go.
I’ve been in purge mode for quite a while. It’s time to get my daughter to make a trip to her storage with some of her stuff. We’re going through the freezers and not buying meat or eating out until everything in there is gone. I need to defrost the big one.

I’m picky about my produce and meat so I’d rather just go.
I’ve been in purge mode for quite a while. It’s time to get my daughter to make a trip to her storage with some of her stuff. We’re going through the freezers and not buying meat or eating out until everything in there is gone. I need to defrost the big one.
Same here.. its funny, i stocked up on "essentials" only to realize we go through food very slowly (I bulk cook, so one meal cooked can feed us for several days), and I now realize we don't really eat much meat! I mostly use ground turkey, but I think I will go to the Mexican market for prepared carne asada when we want steak. All my meat cooking has been outside (other than the turkey for spaghetti or tacos). But yes, too much stuff.. including food. I am a minimalist, so it is really driving me crazy.

Same here.. its funny, i stocked up on "essentials" only to realize we go through food very slowly (I bulk cook, so one meal cooked can feed us for several days), and I now realize we don't really eat much meat! I mostly use ground turkey, but I think I will go to the Mexican market for prepared carne asada when we want steak. All my meat cooking has been outside (other than the turkey for spaghetti or tacos). But yes, too much stuff.. including food. I am a minimalist, so it is really driving me crazy.
I understand that! With the kids here I bulk cook and we eat it for a few days. When it’s just me and hubs I’d tend to freeze leftover bulk stuff for future meals and cook a lot differently. As for the stuff, hubs wants to hang on to everything for “some day” and I’m ready to get rid of it. The useful stuff is one thing, the dvds we never watch and the clothes he’ll never wear again are something else entirely.

I understand that! With the kids here I bulk cook and we eat it for a few days. When it’s just me and hubs I’d tend to freeze leftover bulk stuff for future meals and cook a lot differently. As for the stuff, hubs wants to hang on to everything for “some day” and I’m ready to get rid of it. The useful stuff is one thing, the dvds we never watch and the clothes he’ll never wear again are something else entirely.
Are you sure you didn't just get into my head and type my thoughts?! 😂 The kids have been saying the exact same thing, and there is a family history of hoarding.. and I am done. I may not be able to change their thinking, but I don't have to live with it (only because I am the boss.. you are in a position of having to negotiate/agree). I have spent the last few years, daily, explaining what is trash, what are nice things, and how we want to get rid of broken things or things we don't use so we can have more space for new/nice things.. yea.. I am talking to myself. So it is all gone. I just finished cleaning out the second kiddos room. There are more "imagination" things in there (art supplies, legos, circuit boards, sewing projects), but if those end up everywhere, then they can go too.

The next messy place is my fault, the laundry room. It has become a stash point as I have cleared the house. Should be done within the hour and then I am loading up the truck and heading to goodwill!

I heard that another reason why they stopped taking them for recycling is because of people turning in the bag's that have dirty diaper's or messy food in them.

Back
Top Bottom