Arizona Chickens

There are a few apps where you can scan your DVD/CD to see if the company will buy them all in one package that you send in after they give you an estimate of what you will make on them.

If you know of a group home or assisted living center or child crisis center they might like DVD/CD for their library (in the past this was easy to donate to these places but now who knows if they are restricting things in addition to people coming thru the doors).

You can always post a free on the curb type ad on Nextdoor or craigslist. I've picked up many things this way, packages of batteries (used for med devices for only a few hours - still perfect for less critical things), odd packages of leftover laminate flooring, shelves, a big piggy bank, huge candle holders, a plastic knock-downable doghouse, etc... also a couple of foam coolers which i used to build my incubator!
This is a good idea about the foster/ group homes.. ive worked with both and as a foster parent, and some kids aren't allowed access to the internet, so the dvds come in handy. Clothes for older boys/teens is helpful too.. the girls are always good w clothes, but boys get big fast. Even halfway homes could use them both.

I was just out there with the flock sitting on my bucket observing all of them. Louie is growing back his tail feathers and some of his other body feathers look shiny in the sun. The dark eyed girl and the cowgirl's new feather's are coming in nicely from the molt. Crazy girl is starting to act like she might lay an egg today, and I wish that she would learn that she can't lay one on the ceiling of the coop. I am definitely seeing the male type combs on some of those Aloha chick's in the grow-out pen, but I'm only going to be keeping the girl's from out of the batch, and possibly only one boy.

Edit: I forgot to add that the younger NN pullet with the yellow leg's is constantly hanging out with the Dorking's now. Maybe she feel's safer with them?

You can always post a free on the curb type ad on Nextdoor or craigslist.
You and I think alike. I have posted many ads on Craig's for free stuff. Usually things like clothing items, we donate to Amvets, but larger items like Furniture, or toys, get posted on Craig's.
We obviously don't post junk, but if it is still usable, then we choose to give to someone needing it. Most things get claimed within 1/2 day after posting.
This was one of my postings for free firewood. Took a couple days, and all was claimed.
Photo0537.jpg

There are a few apps where you can scan your DVD/CD to see if the company will buy them all in one package that you send in after they give you an estimate of what you will make on them.

If you know of a group home or assisted living center or child crisis center they might like DVD/CD for their library (in the past this was easy to donate to these places but now who knows if they are restricting things in addition to people coming thru the doors).

You can always post a free on the curb type ad on Nextdoor or craigslist. I've picked up many things this way, packages of batteries (used for med devices for only a few hours - still perfect for less critical things), odd packages of leftover laminate flooring, shelves, a big piggy bank, huge candle holders, a plastic knock-downable doghouse, etc... also a couple of foam coolers which i used to build my incubator!
Oh we don’t throw them in the trash. Almost everything I’ve purged has gone to Goodwill. I’ve given a few things to the kids too. The kid dvds went to the daycare where the boys used to go.

You and I think alike. I have posted many ads on Craig's for free stuff. Usually things like clothing items, we donate to Amvets, but larger items like Furniture, or toys, get posted on Craig's.
We obviously don't post junk, but if it is still usable, then we choose to give to someone needing it. Most things get claimed within 1/2 day after posting.
This was one of my postings for free firewood. Took a couple days, and all was claimed.
View attachment 2479932

A good sized chunk of log like that would make a nice chopping block for splitting wood.

The coyotes were in the yard much of last night. Fortunately, the alarm lights kept them away from the coop, although they kept setting them off between 1 and 2:30 am. They're probably hungry. I've only seen one live rabbit here in the past month, and they used to be all over the place. I stayed up just in case the chickens needed my help, but all is well. *yawn*

A good sized chunk of log like that would make a nice chopping block for splitting wood.

The coyotes were in the yard much of last night. Fortunately, the alarm lights kept them away from the coop, although they kept setting them off between 1 and 2:30 am. They're probably hungry. I've only seen one live rabbit here in the past month, and they used to be all over the place. I stayed up just in case the chickens needed my help, but all is well. *yawn*
Sounds like you've got your work cut out for you! Hopefully the lights continue to scare off the coyotes until some disease-resistant rabbits re-populate.

The tracks stopped about 20 feet from the coop, right where the system is set to activate. One paw print is pretty well dug in and it looks like a coyote turned around in a hurry and left. My dogs' paw prints are bigger, so these have to be from the coyotes.

There are feathers outside the coop, but since they didn't get to the coop, those might be from panicked chickens. I just opened the coop so they could go out and get some sunshine, but so far they're all staying inside.

Before they started setting off the alarms, the coyotes were howling close to the house. Maybe singing about a chicken dinner? Hoping they continue to stay away and don't get used to the alarm system. Maybe they'll go somewhere else.

And I'm starting a second pot of coffee. One thing that rabbits do quite well is multiply.

Back
Top Bottom