Arizona Chickens

My dogs' paw prints are bigger,
Hard for me to resist, so I had to dig this up from my files.
Screenshot_20200723-142355_Facebook.jpg

Yes,,, these are in our Metro Chicago area also. and seen fox as well

I got 2 massive sissoo trees chopped down today.. well the second is just about finished, will be totally done tomorrow. The yard looks so much bigger and cleaner and BRIGHT! They are on the east side of my house, so they don't benefit me much in the summer as far as shade goes. I was reading online about killing them.. or trees in general. I am trying to avoid chemicals, but that seems to be the going solution. I don't have other plants near the trees, so i doused the freshly cut stump w a half gallon of bleach. That might do it for a typical tree... but i was reading, and couldn't tell if it was a joke, that sissoo trees will even drink bleach!! I hope it's a bad joke. I got the tree stump treatment, but that is to be used after the stump is dead... i hope the bleach works! These are the type of trees that continue to have runners for a few years tho, so the work won't exactly be over.

So, Daisy seems back to normal. I gave her her breakfast bowl with only chicken feed in it (they think its special when its in the bowl vs the gravity feeder), and she stopped panting. So it very well might be the case that she is a super piggy after all!! Ill add back her seeds and see if the panting comes back.

Hard for me to resist, so I had to dig this up from my files.

Yes,,, these are in our Metro Chicago area also. and seen fox as well
We had a shepherd female that got pregnant from the wild coyotes around our farm when I was a kid. Beautiful pups!

We had a shepherd female that got pregnant from the wild coyotes around our farm when I was a kid. Beautiful pups!
My dog that passed away a couple years ago, loved her so much, but i swore early on her behavior seemed too coyote like! I knew she had some Australian shepherd in her for sure, she totally looked it, but was a little too lanky and was missing the undercoat. I ended up dna testing her, and she had a mix of aussie, German shepherd, and half Catahoula leopard dog! So the behavior on the last breed is actually pretty close to a coyote, since they are a native dog species. Nervous around people, stalking, etc. But i had so many animals when she was a puppy, her animal shredding instincts never kicked in (thankfully).

I got 2 massive sissoo trees chopped down today.. well the second is just about finished, will be totally done tomorrow. The yard looks so much bigger and cleaner and BRIGHT! They are on the east side of my house, so they don't benefit me much in the summer as far as shade goes. I was reading online about killing them.. or trees in general. I am trying to avoid chemicals, but that seems to be the going solution. I don't have other plants near the trees, so i doused the freshly cut stump w a half gallon of bleach. That might do it for a typical tree... but i was reading, and couldn't tell if it was a joke, that sissoo trees will even drink bleach!! I hope it's a bad joke. I got the tree stump treatment, but that is to be used after the stump is dead... i hope the bleach works! These are the type of trees that continue to have runners for a few years tho, so the work won't exactly be over.

So, Daisy seems back to normal. I gave her her breakfast bowl with only chicken feed in it (they think its special when its in the bowl vs the gravity feeder), and she stopped panting. So it very well might be the case that she is a super piggy after all!! Ill add back her seeds and see if the panting comes back.

You have been busy today! And so glad to hear that Daisy is feeling better. Could it have been the change in diet?

Back
Top Bottom