Arizona Chickens

Some new Naked Necks joining the flock. The NNs that I already had do not want to give up their spot as the only NNs! The grey bird from @City farm meets the white NN that I have had since she was a chick. Half sisters? The rooster came over to keep the peace by mating the white NN! Jealous hens?
P.S. They are getting along fine!

So the white one stopped trying to attack the grey patterned one? Yes they were 1/2 sister's with the same daddy, but different mother's.

So the white one stopped trying to attack the grey patterned one? Yes they were 1/2 sister's with the same daddy, but different mother's.

Sibling rivalry.

Day 10. What do you think? Any hope? It's hard to see it, but the first one has veins at the top. Most of them have rings of blood around parts of the egg. I don't see any movement. Only one egg has more than a few veins.
20210331_174935.jpg
20210331_174958.jpg
20210331_175018.jpg
20210331_175125.jpg

There's a place in Phoenix - I haven't been there for years but they used to sell these really amazing tarps in all kinds of sizes. Edges seamed, great quality, have lasted for years! It was this weird "hole in the wall" place off I-17 and sold all sorts of odd and ends - but had this IMMENSE selection of tarps and shade cloths, I mean just aisles of them? It's been about 3 years so maybe call before heading over to see if they're still stocking them.

Place is located right next to Shooter's World, I-17 and Indian School

I wandered in one time when the boyfriend was doing target practice and I got bored. Southwest Sales / Surplus according to Google Maps? Might want to call and see if they still carry tarps / shade cloths? 602 278 6440
Ugh, other end of town but maybe I can get out that way end of the week. Finger's crossed.

There is clover sprouting! 🍀 I only see literally these few leaves that are large, everything else is pin sized little sprouts.. but its sprouting, so i am happy!
20210401_085956.jpg

20210401_090005.jpg

Now that im watering daily until everything gets going, i have other seeds coming up... not sure which because I've put so many different ones down. I have a bunch of candytuft (i think) spreading nicely. My goal is to keep the center area of the yard covered with whatever grows best each season, but just let it be so its also low maintenance. I expect some die back in the worst of summer, but hopefully things reseed.

Here is my "zen garden" coming along. I can see poppy and marigold leaves, the candytuft, my ice plants.. but i have no idea what else is there.

20210401_090746.jpg
20210401_090706.jpg
20210401_090625.jpg

Back
Top Bottom