Arizona Chickens

Quote:
I always have extra boys; drop me a line (suze.scott @ cox.net) (remove the spaces) and we can figure out what you want. I have a whole bunch you can choose from. None are pure cochin, but some a bantam cochin crosses.

smile.png
Ravishaw, Glad you found the thread and welcome.

AZBootsie

Quote:
So...are you up for the project? Maybe cross a jersey giant or a plymouth rock or a brahma for size? Two starter outcrosses, then breed the F1 ffspring together.

So it would have to be a silkie roo over a JG hen right?

Are there JG in white?

Hi CharlieDill & Ravishaw
frow.gif

Ravishaw, 3 of my almost ready to butcher turkeys once attacked my then 4 year old, who still has the scars from it 28 years later.

CharlieDill, good luck with your neighbor, and Ravisha, good luck with a new roo.

Quote:
So...are you up for the project? Maybe cross a jersey giant or a plymouth rock or a brahma for size? Two starter outcrosses, then breed the F1 ffspring together.

Are there JG in white?

I would love to see how they turned out if you do it.

Quote:

Are there JG in white?

I would love to see how they turned out if you do it.

me too! this sounds cool!
Or you could import some from Europe... pay the $500+
tongue.png

Meg...one of the pullets you wanted turned into a rooster. Better now than later. One is definitely laying and the other will start soon. How long until your coop is inhabitable?

I look at temperatures around this country of ours and I have to be thankful our winter is pretty mild compared to other places.

My hens were outside this morning munching on the birdseed block I get them once a month. My rooster was tucked away in the brooder (graduating to freezer camp this SAturday after he attacked my daughter).

I enjoy having these little buggers so much. They are like salt in my soup of life.

Ravishaw, just make sure you don't unscrew the lid of that saltshaker like I did.
tongue.png

Really enjoying this weather as well, but tomorrow is supposed to be rainy. Hope it doesn't halt egg production again.

Back
Top Bottom