Arizona Chickens

Quote:
I'm in Arizona south of Phoenix in the desert. This is our first summer with chickens and I'm thankful for the advise. Funny about the cat, we have a outdoor cat that I was so nervous would get the chickens if I free ranged them, but it was the dog that got one of the chickens and plucked it naked. When I looked out this morning I was not sure if the hen was signing or crying out and I witnessed the cat laying in the yard and the hens foraging around him. One of the hens did lay and the cat in now out sitting on the patio deck with the hens. So my worst fears turned out nothing but I have to watch the boxer she wants to shake the sillies out of the hens.

mahonri and NoSkiveez, CONGRATULATIONS!
woot.gif
(I am jealous - a little)
clap.gif
thumbsup.gif
clap.gif

Quote:
No doubt about their superior egg laying capabilities! And check out the delaware thread. (If I only knew hw to adda link...). It is very active! Disclaimer: I am not going to be responsible for you taking off and buying Dellies tomorrow!
wink.png

CA, cluckin_crazy and pastrymama, I think you have me sold on Delawares, at least 2. CA, I may not be buying them tomorrow, but soon, I think!

tofuranch...you may be hearing from me

Cheers!

1 marans out, 1 amerauana out, 1 marans pipped. I think that's all I'll get but I still count them as miracles.

BTW, I'm going to have more marans than I need... pullets and roos. and that too is a miracle.

I'm so happy I have that blessing.

Back
Top Bottom