Arizona Chickens

CHICKEN LOVERS UNITE! If I can't get a few Arizonians to take a minute TODAY, this Bill - SB 1151 may die without being heard by the House of Representatives. We really need your help. If you are unable to telephone today, could you fax?

Thank you,

Meg

4-1-14 This is not a April Fools Joke (Our Bill is Dead) We must Act Now

*URGENT URGENT* SB1151 Has Been STOPPED by the Rules Committee and at this point the Bill IS DEAD. IMMEDIATE ACTION IS REQUIRED OR THE BILL WILL BE REMAIN DEAD. If you want this Bill than we must fight for it. There is no reason our Bill should not have been put on the agenda and it appears they plan to kill our bill by not hearing it. We must stop this now. This is our last chance and we must act now or it is all over. We need to share this info with every group and person we know. We must call again and again every Committee Members Phone Number and not give them a break today or until we know when the Bill will be heard. The time for Email is over and the time to make them hear our RESPECTFUL VOICES is NOW. This is what we need to ask - When will SB1151 be heard in the Rules Committee? Demand that SB1151 be heard. Do not let the Assistant who answers the phone just give you a feel good statement you must demand answers don't let them tell you they are just busy and have not got to it yet. Do not let them lie to us anymore because we are not going to stand by and take it and we will make our voices be heard. This is complete politics now and they are messing with our Food, Rights and FREEDOM. Most Members arrive at 8am so do not waste anytime. This group must act now or all this we have done will have been for nothing. Email is the last resort because they don't have to read it but they must answer the phone. If they turn off the phone leave a message and then call the main access number to the Capitol and demand that the phone be turned back on. We must make our presence known. We must be loader than the opposition but respectful. PLEASE ACT NOW -- Please Be Firm But Please Be Respectful or we will turn them off from us. Once I get the word that we have been heard I will let everyone know. This Committee has the Speaker of the House and many of the power figures of the House of Representatives that have the most influence.

Faxes will be seen also-
If you have access please also Send a faxes today with little messages and sent them throwout the day. (We must hit all angles today and until we get the Bill heard)
Take a sharpie and write things like SB1151 HEAR OUR BILL

Eddie Farnsworth
[email protected]
(602) 926-5735
Fax - (602) 417-3122

David M. Gowan Sr.
[email protected]
(602) 926-3312
Fax - (602) 417-3130

Rick Gray (Vice Chairman)
[email protected]
(602) 926-5993
Fax - (602) 417-3225

Albert Hale
[email protected]
(602) 926-4323
Fax - (602) 417-3160

Javan "J.D." Mesnard
[email protected]
(602) 926-4481
Fax - (602) 417-3152

Martín J. Quezada
[email protected]
(602) 926-5911
Fax - (602) 417-3171

Bob Robson (Chairman of the Committee)
[email protected]
(602) 926-5549
Fax - (602) 417-3157

Andy Tobin (Speaker of the House)
[email protected]
(602) 926-5172
Fax - (602) 417-3085

Bruce Wheeler
[email protected]
(602) 926-3300
Fax - (602) 417-3028

If phones are not answered call the Arizona House of Representatives Info Desk and ask that someone see why Members are not answering their phones. (602) 926-4221

Talked to the woman that answered the phone at Andy Tobin office. Not allowed to agree or disagree... But grew up on a farm, knows chickens and has wonderful memory's. With out saying it, I think if this passes will be very happy!

Back to calling

[email protected]
(602) 926-5172. Fax - (602) 417-3085

Office to push the bill. This IS the guy! Not sure if he will get the message!
Bruce Wheeler
[email protected]
(602) 926-3300. Fax (602) 417-3028.

Very much against the bill, believes it infringes on the rights of communities to set the owning. Infringes upon the rights of the citizen to have a healthy quiet place to live.

Last edited:
Talked to the woman that answered the phone at Andy Tobin office. Not allowed to agree or disagree... But grew up on a farm, knows chickens and has wonderful memory's. With out saying it, I think if this passes will be very happy!

Back to calling

[email protected]
Thank you so much for helping other people regain their property rights! Can you imagine the Arizona thread if we can get this passed?

Back to calling

[email protected]

Thank you so much for helping other people regain their property rights!  Can you imagine the Arizona thread if we can get this passed?

It is
Bruce Wheeler, [email protected], (602) 926-3300, Fax (602) 417-3028 that need work! I had a very negative response. The person I talked to tried to talk me into looking at it as an invasion of community's regulating themselves, and having chicken hurts neighbors! When I referred to the GOVERNMENT during war time and the depression pushed for back yard chickens and gardens he pushed me off the phone, conversation done, not interested. hung up while I was talking (I was f filibustering at that point when he tried to get me off the phone).

I built my chicken gate--to keep the chickens out of the garden--and some how it ended up costing WAY more than I had thought it would.  Especially considering I had the wire and ONLY  needed wood.  For only about 10' of fencing.  Dang.  Maybe I should check my receipt because, whoa, no way this little fence and gate should have cost $100.00.  Well, it's keeping trend with me having the most expensive chickens in Tucson!  Anyway, it looks great and my garden already looks a million times better without all the barricades and protective fencing around it.  The chickens aren't thrilled about having their ranging area severely cut, but they are using the dust bath area I dug for them and seem happy enough scratching around the old straw bales. 

I was having a horrible time with flies in my chicken/garden area-- I finally bought some fly strips and a disposable fly catcher 'baggie' type thing.  The fly problem was so bad that the fly strips were completely coated within a couple of hours.  It took a while for the baggie to work up a really disgusting stench that attracted the flies, but it's working well now.  It's full of hundreds of drowned flies.  I have no idea where the flies are originating from--we clean up the dog and chicken areas regularly, no signs of maggots in my compost,  and my neighbors have clean yards, but man, thousands of flies were attracted to my garden area.  I could hear the massive buzzing from the other side of my yard.  Gross.  The fly baggie is helping so much...the rotting corpse stench emanating from the bag is a bit hard to deal with though!   I was worried about the 'good' bugs getting caught in the trap and paper, but only a few non-flies on the paper ( and not a single bee, yay!) and only flies in the bag trap.  I don't think much else would be attracted to corpse smell. 

Girl you said it right! Yuck, it is awful... I do out the bag at the back of our property.. I did not think the strips would work.. We just might have to try them..
Thanks for the reminder..

Here are some photos that we finally just downloaded.. It has taken forever on this old computor.. So here it goes hope I can make it work..[ VIDEO] [/VIDEO]
Your EE gal looks like my Josephine. Poor gal is not feeling well. She is waddling like a duck and her abdomen is swollen. Doc Peter Brown thinks it could be egg yolk peritonitis or ascites. He told me to give her Tums. She has been on them for 2 days. Not sure if it is working. Tonight her comb looked pale. :( She is one of my original 5 girls I got 4 years ago. Only she and her sister Sophie (BA) are still with us. I do not know what else to do. I bathed her in case she was eggbound. That didn't work. Anyone have any ideas to help? Thanks!!!
I am always so impressed with your photos... She is beautiful.. Hope she does get better.. And DEMO good advice.. The oldest hen I have heard of was 5. When did she stop laying? And, at what age did she slow down?

so I went to buy some adult silkie hens tonight and I did buy 4 of them. The guy I got them from had a chick with her leg sticking straight out to the side and she has a hard time trying to get up on it. she is about 4 weeks old by my guess. ( the guy did not give me much info and I was very upset with the housing situation for these birds) he gave me the pullet because he didnt "have time to deal with her". he said he tied her legs together to try and and fix her leg. I dont know what to do with her. I feel so bad. she is able to get around by kinda hopping. any ideas what should be done.?? We named her "chicken little" and I am hoping we can save her and give her some sort of quality of life. I will try to get pics tomorrow.:/

Possibly look in the emergency Fourm here on B.Y.C. They might be better able to advise.. Keep us posted..

CHICKEN LOVERS UNITE! If I can't get a few Arizonians to take a minute TODAY, this Bill - SB 1151 may die without being heard by the House of Representatives. We really need your help. If you are unable to telephone today, could you fax? Thank you, Meg [COLOR=141823]4-1-14 This is not a April Fools Joke (Our Bill is Dead) We must Act Now *URGENT URGENT* SB1151 Has Been STOPPED by the Rules Committee and at this point the Bill IS DEAD. IMMEDIATE ACTION IS REQUIRED OR THE BILL WILL BE REMAIN DEAD. If you want this Bill than we must fight for it. There is no reason our Bill should n[/COLOR]ot have been put on the agenda and it appears they plan to kill our bill by not hearing it. We must stop this now. This is our last chance and we must act now or it is all over. We need to share this info with every group and person we know. We must call again and again every Committee Members Phone Number and not give them a break today or until we know when the Bill will be heard. The time for Email is over and the time to make them hear our RESPECTFUL VOICES is NOW. This is what we need to ask - When will SB1151 be heard in the Rules Committee? Demand that SB1151 be heard. Do not let the Assistant who answers the phone just give you a feel good statement you must demand answers don't let them tell you they are just busy and have not got to it yet. Do not let them lie to us anymore because we are not going to stand by and take it and we will make our voices be heard. This is complete politics now and they are messing with our Food, Rights and FREEDOM. Most Members arrive at 8am so do not waste anytime. This group must act now or all this we have done will have been for nothing. Email is the last resort because they don't have to read it but they must answer the phone. If they turn off the phone leave a message and then call the main access number to the Capitol and demand that the phone be turned back on. We must make our presence known. We must be loader than the opposition but respectful. PLEASE ACT NOW -- Please Be Firm But Please Be Respectful or we will turn them off from us. Once I get the word that we have been heard I will let everyone know. This Committee has the Speaker of the House and many of the power figures of the House of Representatives that have the most influence. Faxes will be seen also- If you have access please also Send a faxes today with little messages and sent them throwout the day. (We must hit all angles today and until we get the Bill heard) Take a sharpie and write things like SB1151 HEAR OUR BILL Eddie Farnsworth [email protected] (602) 926-5735 Fax - (602) 417-3122 David M. Gowan Sr. [email protected] (602) 926-3312 Fax - (602) 417-3130 Rick Gray (Vice Chairman) [email protected] (602) 926-5993 Fax - (602) 417-3225 Albert Hale [email protected] (602) 926-4323 Fax - (602) 417-3160 Javan "J.D." Mesnard [email protected] (602) 926-4481 Fax - (602) 417-3152 Martín J. Quezada [email protected] (602) 926-5911 Fax - (602) 417-3171 Bob Robson (Chairman of the Committee) [email protected] (602) 926-5549 Fax - (602) 417-3157 Andy Tobin (Speaker of the House) [email protected] (602) 926-5172 Fax - (602) 417-3085 Bruce Wheeler [email protected] (602) 926-3300 Fax - (602) 417-3028 If phones are not answered call the Arizona House of Representatives Info Desk and ask that someone see why Members are not answering their phones. (602) 926-4221
" When I called I was advised to call my local people, I believe it is Mendez or Sherwood ??? Not sure.. But I do know who to call to find out.. Hope this does get on!! I have to keep it short or I will not stop as to why this is so "not right"

Back
Top Bottom