Arizona Chickens

Could someone help me out with filling out this forum ? Last year I had a late entry and didn't have to fill this out. What would my exhibitor # be? Does variety mean color? And what are all the abbreviations on the right side?

where were you able to find the form?

I got to do some yard work today that I'd been putting off, turning the compost piles. I put the almost finished contents of bin one into bin three, emptied, turned and returned the contents of bin two, and started a new pile in bin one with used quail litter other yard waste.  My olive egger Fiona kept getting in the way, she is too brave!  The shovel and pitch fork don't faze her in the least and she kept leaping at any creepy crawlies that she saw amongst the materiel.  She got plenty of compost treats today!  Gotta love gardening with chickens!

I'm surprised you were able to work at all with all the "help". Lol

I got to do some yard work today that I'd been putting off, turning the compost piles. I put the almost finished contents of bin one into bin three, emptied, turned and returned the contents of bin two, and started a new pile in bin one with used quail litter other yard waste.  My olive egger Fiona kept getting in the way, she is too brave!  The shovel and pitch fork don't faze her in the least and she kept leaping at any creepy crawlies that she saw amongst the materiel.  She got plenty of compost treats today!  Gotta love gardening with chickens!

Agh, :goodpost:
The duck weed is hanging in there this time.. Plus the duck's love the snails... Thank you..

I cannot believe my Easter Egger has a jumbo sized egg compared to my Leghorn which lays a extra large egg. Well it's certainly nice for me!

[/]desertmarcy[@/]'s Black Copper Maran hens are lovely and lay extra large nice dark chocolate brown egg. I love it!! :D

I had an EE hen that laid those jumbo eggs. We loved them. They were so big you could not close the carton on them. I was very unhappy when she was killed and drug off by a predator.

I'm sorry! :hugs

I'm surprised you were able to work at all with all the "help". Lol

:gig ....X2

well I am up to 6 hens now. three i got as chicks, and three I have added over the last month or so. Old new chicken (yes that is her name) is still not laying... I gave up on her. New chicken and honey (the two newest ones) have laid me one egg the day after they came here and then stopped. I suspect it was honey... and out of the three original chicks one buff is laying one egg every three days or so... I believe it to be nugget. Bemo and BBQ are still free loaders.... 6 hens, one rooster and I only get about three eggs a week? I need a bigger coop and a lot more chickens if this is going to be my rate of lay. HAHAHAHAHAH (like I need any more excuses for more chickens)

how long does it take for a chicken to get over a move and start laying again??

Hi everyone! I am near Phoenix, Az. and am looking for a hatchery here in Az. do any of y'all know of one? I was told there was a Cackle in Phoenix but no one seems to now where in Phoenix..... I found a place named "Az. hatchery" - it's suppose to be in Tucson, but no one in the Tucson Clucks facebook group seems to have ever heard of it. I sure could use some assistance here y'all. Some friends and I want to go in together on Silkies, Polish and Frizzles for sure - and I want a couple more Wheaton Aracauna and a couple of Speckled Sussex to.
yep, that should about cover it.... lol
You can pm me from facebook (Shannon Poirier) or email me at [email protected]
Thank you!

Hi everyone! I am near Phoenix, Az. and am looking for a hatchery here in Az. do any of y'all know of one? I was told there was a Cackle in Phoenix but no one seems to now where in Phoenix..... I found a place named "Az. hatchery" - it's suppose to be in Tucson, but no one in the Tucson Clucks facebook group seems to have ever heard of it. I sure could use some assistance here y'all. Some friends and I want to go in together on Silkies, Polish and Frizzles for sure - and I want a couple more Wheaton Aracauna and a couple of Speckled Sussex to.
yep, that should about cover it.... lol
You can pm me from facebook (Shannon Poirier) or email me at [email protected]
Thank you!
Cackle Hatchery is in Missouri, never heard of Az. Hatchery.

Back
Top Bottom