Arizona Chickens

I hope y'all can join in on the fun tommorow.. A ton, not really a ton, but thousands of seed's that need to go to a garden.. Who wants the BYC seed box next??? If no one takes it we can host another or a private time, tea in the garden..
Do you have any idea about how many people are expected? I just want to make sure I bring enough.

We picked up a few Serama chickens yesterday & the guy asked me to spread the word that he has many available. He's off 48th st & baseline in Phx. Of the 3 we took- 1 has lice, (we knew when we agreed to take him) but they're healthy otherwise. The guy is super nice; he has chicks, hens & roosters of all ages & colors. He really does care for them, but he just has too many to give them individual attention. He's also got 4 Production looking hens with yellow legs that he got by mistake about 4-5 mo old that can go too. He's selling them very cheap. Only $25/pair for most, some less. I'll attach a few pics of the ones we got so you have an idea. Message me if you would like his contact info

I hope y'all can join in on the fun tommorow.. A ton, not really a ton, but thousands of seed's that need to go to a garden.. Who wants the BYC seed box next??? If no one takes it we can host another or a private time, tea in the garden..

Do you have any idea about how many people are expected? I just want to make sure I bring enough.

Some people just pop in for the seeds exchange & some to say to hi. Anywhere between 20-30. You only need to bring a dish for your size of family. So from 2-5 people.. Some people bring a ton of food.. I bringing chilli and chips.. Last year I did deviled quail egg's... Don't forget to bring ziplock baggies for your seed's and a sharpie.. See you later

Those deviled eggs are too cute! I'm going to bring apple butter & crackers today, The apple butter is a brewin' now :)

Have they hatched?
I finally caved and gave my persistently broody White Rock pullet a half dozen fertile eggs to hatch. I spent three weeks trying to break her broodiness with zero success, and when I finally tucked the eggs under she was so happy she actually started cooing, which was a refreshing change from her usual growls and puffing up. I'm not thrilled with her choice of locations as the nesting box is in the pen with the rest of her flock, but she flat out refused to be relocated. So...my first natural hatch...I hope!

Hello! I'm looking to add some chickens to my flock. I currently have 1 silkie rooster and 1 easter egger (hopefully laying soon). I sadly lost all my other chickens when I didn't properly quarantine some new chicks I brought home :( I felt like a loser backyard chicken owner and almost gave the last two away, but I think I'm ready to try again. If anyone is selling a Frizzle, Silkie, Polish or a black laced Wyandotte please let me know! Those were all the ones I lost :(

Yep! They're two weeks old now and doing well in their isolated nursery pen and run. Just after hatching. Moving into new digs. Teaching in the outdoor run.
These pics are soo cute! It makes me want to buy fertile eggs and see if my hen would do the same haha. She's only 7 month old and not laying yet though.

Back
Top Bottom