Arizona Chickens

I'm trying to do that here too, I only have the 4 NN hen's with the bibs to work with.
This is the boy I'm gonna use for the EE/NN experiment. He hatched from a blue egg from the hen I got from you. I wanna put him with a black Ameraucana I have, but she hasn't even started laying yet. Looks like she's getting close, though. I'm also gonna throw in at least one of the Wheaten Marans for olive eggs. I could toss in Carmella, my only totally clean necked girl, and maybe the brown partridge as she's almost clean necked, and see what I get... As long as he inherited the blue egg gene, like I suspect, they should make light green egg layers.
1023181650.jpg
0605181653a.jpg

0605181655a.jpg

They should make nice pattern's in the feathering on the bodies though, wouldn't they?
The NN gene has no bearing on the color or pattern on the feathers. That's like wondering what colors you would get if you crossed a straight combed bird with a Barnevelder. If you're asking about crossing one of your Bresse cross with a Barnevelder, that has more more answers. The Bresse seem to carry both pencilling and asian partridge, which is what a Barnevelder is, so you would get more of that with various colors. If the Bresse cross happens to carry a copy of the NN gene, then you might get a few with NN's.

Last edited:
Hello @Gallo del Cielo!! How is everything growing? That amazing grass blend - did it reseed? Oh and I've killed a few purple passion flower plants - guess my area here is Eloy is just not really the place for them. I met Silvia and @City farm a few weeks ago here for a giant sale the Avacado Nursery was having. Quite fun actually - they had more knowledge about plants and such in the little finger than I have in my whole hand. I learned quite a bit from them AND stole seeds from the seed box. Glad to see you here. Experience is a good thing.

Okay - now on to another subject. I have a tree dweller girl - unfortunately I have a few of them, long story, can't fix it - that seems to have gotten mesquite sap on her back. It looks as though she is done molting. What can I use that won't burn her? She's a skinny red SexLink, always laying even in the heat and molt. I will have to catch her because she does not want to be touched by people even though she will talk with me and eat out of my hand. At first I thought she had been bitten or some type of thing and it was dried blood but realized there wasn't a wound or anything. I wonder what else these 30 hens have up their sleeve to throw at me!
@BlueBaby have you asked @DesertChic about a clean necked NN roo? She does have some beauties.

The NN gene has no bearing on the color or pattern on the feathers. That's like wondering what colors you would get if you crossed a straight combed bird with a Barnevelder. If you're asking about crossing one of your Bresse cross with a Barnevelder, that has more more answers. The Bresse seem to carry both pencilling and asian partridge, which is what a Barnevelder is, so you would get more of that with various colors. If the Bresse cross happens to carry a copy of the NN gene, then you might get a few with NN's.

Thank's for the info. Genetics with them can be interesting, but confusing. I bet they would look nice in feathering though.

Back
Top Bottom