Arizona Chickens

Not sure where to order from, Also @Lark60 been out of the loop, TSC?
I have ordered from my pet chicken and McMurray before.. 15 is the minimum limit at McMurray. I would like Salmon Faverolles, dark Brahmas, cream legbars, cuckoo marans. Maybe a few others.. let me think about it..

I've ordered from Hoover's twice now. First time was hatched 11/19 last year, they did perfectly. The 15 minimum can be two of each breed, but you'd have to check their site as to what's available.

Not sure where to order from, Also @Lark60 been out of the loop, TSC?
I have ordered from my pet chicken and McMurray before.. 15 is the minimum limit at McMurray. I would like Salmon Faverolles, dark Brahmas, cream legbars, cuckoo marans. Maybe a few others.. let me think about it..

If I remember right, I believe that TSC get's their chick's from Hoover's.

Not sure what type of insulation your chickens are snacking on.
Long ago, my chickens snacked on a large quantity of this pink foam board insulation.
serveimage

Nothing bad happened to them. It was long ago,,,, so I don't remember if it was going thru them digested, or undigested.:idunno
It’s the black foam stuff around the hose in the picture

:caf Morning, sitting here sipping the coffee and reading through the posts, how is everyone this AM? I'm trying to patiently wait for hatching, I had a second girl go broody on me and ended up needing to take her eggs, I'd replaced the ones she had with some egg's from Charlie and some of the girls out of the harem (6 NN's, that I'd bought to round out the group) so their going to be straight NN's, 4 eggs, 1 I am sure that isn't fertile, 1 that I saw movement prior to lock down and 2 that I am not sure about, they've shifted position since I put them on lock down, so something is happening. Hatching is due to start tomorrow. They need to hatch by the evening of the 20th as we are due to go out of town the wee hours of the morning on the 21st. I see that others have been hatching :) , I keep trying to tell myself I don't need anymore chickens till I thin out my group, it isn't working.:lau

It’s the black foam stuff around the hose in the picture
My chickens LOVE white styrofoam. They will down that stuff like candy, so I have to keep it out of their reach at all times. It just comes out in their poop, but I'd rather they not fill their crops on something that has no nutritional value. I suspect they think it's some kind of mineral. The biggest problem I see with it is it's taking up space in the digestive system that should be filled with real food. Otherwise I can see weight loss in their future if they keep it up. I would suggest covering it some how so they can't get to it.

Whenever I have had an open hose or whatever and needed to insulate it - I used the whatever insulation I had around usually BUT I put the whole thing in PVC pipe so the chickies couldn't get to the insulation whatever type it was. I would always "save" used PVC or bring home some that someone was throwing away. Worked for me. I've also seen some folks put pallets over insulated things. I wouldn't let them peck at it any more than needed until I changed up the system. AND yes @cactusrota white styrofoam is gone in minutes as is the pearlite in plants!

Whenever I have had an open hose or whatever and needed to insulate it - I used the whatever insulation I had around usually BUT I put the whole thing in PVC pipe so the chickies couldn't get to the insulation whatever type it was. I would always "save" used PVC or bring home some that someone was throwing away. Worked for me. I've also seen some folks put pallets over insulated things. I wouldn't let them peck at it any more than needed until I changed up the system. AND yes @cactusrota white styrofoam is gone in minutes as is the pearlite in plants!

Good idea and advice! How have you been doing these day's?

Back
Top Bottom