Arizona Chickens

No, I don't have a food scale neither. If I do get one, I will have to hide it from DH because he would probably use it for something and then misplace it.
DH has been warned about using kitchen appliances or towels for anything, after all my kitchen towels kept coming up missing. he'd grab one to use as a sweat rag, then take it down to the tent/garage we had and they'd end up with grease all over them, sweat I can get out, but car grease, ain't no way. I was truly surprised with the Red Sexlinks when they started laying I only got one, the blacksex links gave me quite a few.

We have a neighbor up the road from us that his wife was tossing double yolks, she believed that there was something wrong with the egg..lol, told her there was nothing wrong with it, as when a hen first starts laying she's likely to do that, told her to consider it a blessing as it's a lot richer that way.

We have a neighbor up the road from us that his wife was tossing double yolks, she believed that there was something wrong with the egg..lol, told her there was nothing wrong with it, as when a hen first starts laying she's likely to do that, told her to consider it a blessing as it's a lot richer that way.

I like getting those, and I usually save them for myself when I do get them.

:th, color me done for the day, had some major rain last night, went out to check on the new roof on the big coop and it's still leaking, how or why I don't know.. So I've just spent the morning mucking out the coop, they track dirt in, add water and we have mud.. lol.. so now it's wait till the handyman can come out again and see if we can figure it out.

:th, color me done for the day, had some major rain last night, went out to check on the new roof on the big coop and it's still leaking, how or why I don't know.. So I've just spent the morning mucking out the coop, they track dirt in, add water and we have mud.. lol.. so now it's wait till the handyman can come out again and see if we can figure it out.

Ok, you're colored done! :gig

I spent most of the day outside cleaning thing's in the coop and run. Then I moved the cockerel's from my last hatch into another pen away from the pullet's. All 3 of the Barnevelder pullet's are laying egg's now. I got my brooder partially ready for this next hatch now.

I don't know where all of these Grackle's came from that started showing up here today, but there's a bunch of them!

great! are the naked necks?

Yes, they are naked Neck's. I had mixed the Crested Cream Legbar with the white Naked Neck rooster named Charley that I used to have, so that's why I have Naked Neck's that will lay the blue/green egg's. @starri33 now own's Charley. The 3 Black Copper Maran egg's haven't started hatching yet.

Back
Top Bottom