Arizona Chickens

Evening everyone, guess since we're on lock down again.. we can play on the computers..lol, like we don't already.. Went out this evening to candle all the eggs and see how everyone is doing, I've got 4 active broodies now in the main flock, Jill has hatched in the NN coop, cute little NN out and about with her today, Pearl is still in the crate to keep her from having all her eggs broke, since I found the one baby dead that she hatched and I have no way of knowing if she killed it or stepped on it or the heat got it, I took her last eggs this evening, I know one was a quitter and the other looked ok, then I noticed a hole in the side, got it to check to see if it was a nail hole from her walking on it, it wasn't it was a baby hatching. I took that egg and gave it to my broody in the NN coop and will set Pearl free and see how she does, if she goes back into the nest box, she'll go to broody prison. Here's Jill and baby outside.. little one did ok..
1590986404661.png

Is that why they brought in the armed National Guard?
To help control these idiots that are out there causing all this crap under the "Protesting the guy who died" he didn't die here and if you want to protest, you don't go around setting fire to things, and looting. These are a bunch of animals who are looking for excuses to steal, create chaos, etc.

Guys, i keep thinking about one chick at the pet store.. its a bantam, but i have no idea what type (non feathered feet, i think yellow feet), but it's the only one that has been feather plucked about half of its body. Im at my chick limit, but should i just get it to rehab it and then find it a home, or is that ok and normal? Its $5, won't hurt to buy it. But not sure if im worried over nothing.
Is it the only one or is it with others? Where do you live?

Evening everyone, guess since we're on lock down again.. we can play on the computers..lol, like we don't already.. Went out this evening to candle all the eggs and see how everyone is doing, I've got 4 active broodies now in the main flock, Jill has hatched in the NN coop, cute little NN out and about with her today, Pearl is still in the crate to keep her from having all her eggs broke, since I found the one baby dead that she hatched and I have no way of knowing if she killed it or stepped on it or the heat got it, I took her last eggs this evening, I know one was a quitter and the other looked ok, then I noticed a hole in the side, got it to check to see if it was a nail hole from her walking on it, it wasn't it was a baby hatching. I took that egg and gave it to my broody in the NN coop and will set Pearl free and see how she does, if she goes back into the nest box, she'll go to broody prison. Here's Jill and baby outside.. little one did ok..View attachment 2171128
So precious, are there any more? I know I should not be on here as I am week for baby chicks & NN. Hear they are super sweet, which is the best.

Back
Top Bottom