Arizona Chickens

Thank you.

Colors? Are the moms different from Angus?

Yes, the mom's for that hatch were the Barneveder that laid the biggest egg of those 2 that I have, an EE, and that one that I hatched from Compost King before.

Those 2 could probably fit in the crate. They are not very good in the heat I think I have heard? They might be great up here.

Yes, they don't seem to want to lay any egg's at all now that the temp. has gotten so high here. They would probably do better up there with you in your area.

Yes, the mom's for that hatch were the Barneveder that laid the biggest egg of those 2 that I have, an EE, and that one that I hatched from Compost King before.

Yes, they don't seem to want to lay any egg's at all now that the temp. has gotten so high here. They would probably do better up there with you in your area.
Are they Nn and what colors are they?

Thank you. Yeah, pretty sure it was the heat. I've recently sprayed my coops with permethrin even though I didn't see any vermin on the birds when I inspected. My roo has bumblefoot and I didn't mites or lice on top of that and the heat too.
When I had birds last, in hot Riverside Co, I had bugs get in the wood I used to build the coop. Termites, bird mites, ants, you name it. This time I have cement block 2 rows up, and chain link posts and wire. NO WOOD. (Except the roof over head). :fl Less bugs -- I hope! We have so many bugs here you can not believe it!

When I had birds last, in hot Riverside Co, I had bugs get in the wood I used to build the coop. Termites, bird mites, ants, you name it. This time I have cement block 2 rows up, and chain link posts and wire. NO WOOD. (Except the roof over head). :fl Less bugs -- I hope! We have so many bugs here you can not believe it!
Oh I believe it! How do you keep them warm in winter?

I have my coop up on blocks but the walls are plywood. I think when we R&R the wood I'm going to make the vents a bit wider.

Are they Nn and what colors are they?

Yes, they are Nn with bibs. Most are the darker colored, but a couple are lighter.

I also would let you have the 2 here that hatched from the red NN hen that I had before. They also had a different mom than Angus, and are already laying. They were from the same hatch as Angus. One is white, and the other one is white with a lighter greyish tail.

Oh I believe it! How do you keep them warm in winter?

I have my coop up on blocks but the walls are plywood. I think when we R&R the wood I'm going to make the vents a bit wider.
Removable sheet metal & I have some plexiglass panels on the door that I can put on & take off. The shed is the North side & blocks the wind. I will have to organize the photos I have and make a page about how an AZ coop needs to be. Wood just sucks here! We had termites that needed exterminating here before we moved in.

Removable sheet metal & I have some plexiglass panels on the door that I can put on & take off. The shed is the North side & blocks the wind. I will have to organize the photos I have and make a page about how an AZ coop needs to be. Wood just sucks here! We had termites that needed exterminating here before we moved in.
I'd love to see pics!

Back
Top Bottom