Arizona Chickens

@cavemanrich how are you doing? How are the kids and grandkids? Everyone healthy and getting along ok?
Thanks for asking, we are doing well. Every Friday we all zoom conference and discuss things, as well as chat with those lil ones. Have 4 grandchildren now. Youngest at 2 1/2 and oldest at almost 11. Miss the BBQ get-together's we would have so many weekends during summer. Now down to limited visits, and still need to practice safety which does include masks during greetings, and goodbyes. None of my family members encountered the virus so far. We are all healthy. :thumbsup We place safety as a priority.
One of my DD.s is a NP, and does Covid Testing along with 3 other NP,s in one of those tents set up to facilitate drive thru test. She works five to six days per week doing this. I consider her as working the FRONT LINE. They do take all precautions fully, and she and all her co-workers, have not been infected.
DD gives us guidelines on staying safe. It is pretty much same as the CDC gives on news reports.
I cant wait until things get back to normal. Hoping a treatment and vaccine gets developed soon.
I M,, Is everything well with your family, and grandchildren? I know Arizona turned into a hotspot in the number of infections reported. I know that each state sets their own rules, so there are different outcomes in different states. Different states also have different population numbers. Am sure that plays an important part as well. I just wish that individual people would practice safety in a responsible way. I don't have any other suggestions.

Thanks for asking, we are doing well. Every Friday we all zoom conference and discuss things, as well as chat with those lil ones. Have 4 grandchildren now. Youngest at 2 1/2 and oldest at almost 11. Miss the BBQ get-together's we would have so many weekends during summer. Now down to limited visits, and still need to practice safety which does include masks during greetings, and goodbyes. None of my family members encountered the virus so far. We are all healthy. :thumbsup We place safety as a priority.
One of my DD.s is a NP, and does Covid Testing along with 3 other NP,s in one of those tents set up to facilitate drive thru test. She works five to six days per week doing this. I consider her as working the FRONT LINE. They do take all precautions fully, and she and all her co-workers, have not been infected.
DD gives us guidelines on staying safe. It is pretty much same as the CDC gives on news reports.
I cant wait until things get back to normal. Hoping a treatment and vaccine gets developed soon.
I M,, Is everything well with your family, and grandchildren? I know Arizona turned into a hotspot in the number of infections reported. I know that each state sets their own rules, so there are different outcomes in different states. Different states also have different population numbers. Am sure that plays an important part as well. I just wish that individual people would practice safety in a responsible way. I don't have any other suggestions.
Most excellent news that you're all doing well! I too wish people would be considerate and smart about the virus, but I'm pretty sure that'll never happen. Gyms and bars were ignoring our governors orders and tried to get a restraining order to keep their doors open :rolleyes:. One was a "boutique spa" that served alcohol so he yanked their liquor license and the court threw their case out. All while our state was seeing increasing cases and deaths. I'm sure your DD is cautious but bless her and her co-workers! We are doing fine so far. My DD is a 911 dispatcher and is tested every 2 weeks. The kids are have cabin fever and it has been horribly hot so that doesn't help. But, they're healthy and not fighting a lot, plus school starts today, online of course, so they'll have something to do. Even the early morning and late evening heat is too much so lots of video games here. I'm working @ home so do a few science experiments with the oldest. We're going to try egg geodes this afternoon. Gotta get going, chores before work, but it was good to hear from you. You and your family stay happy and healthy!

@igorsMistress I was considerate yesterday. I wore a mask when I went over to cast my votes. My favorite Restaurant is opening back up again in a few more day's, so maybe I'll go have my birthday dinner that I was deprived of back in May?
Yay about the restaurant! Is it take out or can you eat in?

Of course you were considerate I wouldn't expect anything less from you.

Yay about the restaurant! Is it take out or can you eat in?

Of course you were considerate I wouldn't expect anything less from you.

It's Black Angus, and they will be re-opening on the 8th for delivery and take out's, and if you want to dine in you have to make a reservation.

Many of the restaurants around Chicago, reopened dining outdoors. All the tables are spaced appropriate distance apart, and I think there is party size limit, not sure if it is 4 or 6.
Most of the restaurants were operating on a take-out , but that limits the business for sure.
Outdoor dining in 100°F + in Arizona, probably not a great option.

Many of the restaurants around Chicago, reopened dining outdoors. All the tables are spaced appropriate distance apart, and I think there is party size limit, not sure if it is 4 or 6.
Most of the restaurants were operating on a take-out , but that limits the business for sure.
Outdoor dining in 100°F + in Arizona, probably not a great option.

I am so sick of fast food from McDonald's, Taco Bell. Domino's Pizza, and Arby's. I will most likely never get fast food again after the good places open back up.

I love Domino's pizza but we haven't had any since the lockdown started. Some of my friends have been getting it delivered recently. They put the whole box into the oven at 135F for 15 minutes. That is supposed to be sufficient to melt the outer lipid layer of the virus thereby destroying it. I have not been brave enough to try it, myself.

Over here, we call the order in for pick up because we aren't in their delivery area. Where I live at none of the places deliver, too far.

Back
Top Bottom