Arizona Chickens

That's an unusual looking plant. I had to look it up. It say's that they are a carrion plant and will eat insect's, so make sure that you feed them some flies or ant's.
Its outdoors, and it just bloomed, so its all clear, but within a day little critters will come to visit. They get way into the center, so you don't notice them.. but i have my vanilla aromatics on the porch, so that might keep them gone (the flying insects). Ive had it now 3 years. It definitely needs to be potted, or it can spread, sort of like aloe vera does. The pods are unique before it blooms. Ill try to get pics.

Its outdoors, and it just bloomed, so its all clear, but within a day little critters will come to visit. They get way into the center, so you don't notice them.. but i have my vanilla aromatics on the porch, so that might keep them gone (the flying insects). Ive had it now 3 years. It definitely needs to be potted, or it can spread, sort of like aloe vera does. The pods are unique before it blooms. Ill try to get pics.

I think that both of them would be nice to have, but maybe kepted in different places. I have a ton of aloe vera that are several layer's deep growing over here. Those need to be thinned out again.

Chicken question.. the girls are now 21 weeks old.. i just bought their crushed oyster shell... can i mix this in the same bowl as their grit? Or do they need to be separated? Im hoping one bowl is sufficient and they can aim well enough to pick out what they want.

After reading tons of reviews, im going to start them on nutrena feather fixer (mixing grower and new feed for 2 weeks). The pellets are a small pellet size and the reviewers are saying it really minimized molting. That would be beneficial to me since they are indoors. And they are fancy feather birds, so hoping anything feather fixing will make them extra pretty as well, more vibrancy to their feather colors. Anddd most importantly, people say the poop doesn't stink with this food! My hunch is its because it uses soy vs animal meat/fat.

If my coop was ready, I'd be really interested in those two hens. A few days ago a pair of coyotes were walking around a few feet from the future coop, so it needs to be predator proofed and have a run attached before I bring any hens home.

If they can make that kind of money from started pullets, I'll quit my job tomorrow and start raising chickens! I wonder if they've sold any?
It’s doubtful and that is absolutely ridiculous. Hype over all the chicks that have died in the mail lately, I think the gullible would buy into it but not most people.

Chicken question.. the girls are now 21 weeks old.. i just bought their crushed oyster shell... can i mix this in the same bowl as their grit? Or do they need to be separated? Im hoping one bowl is sufficient and they can aim well enough to pick out what they want.

After reading tons of reviews, im going to start them on nutrena feather fixer (mixing grower and new feed for 2 weeks). The pellets are a small pellet size and the reviewers are saying it really minimized molting. That would be beneficial to me since they are indoors. And they are fancy feather birds, so hoping anything feather fixing will make them extra pretty as well, more vibrancy to their feather colors. Anddd most importantly, people say the poop doesn't stink with this food! My hunch is its because it uses soy vs animal meat/fat.
For vibrant feathers try hemp seed. Good stuffs

It’s doubtful and that is absolutely ridiculous. Hype over all the chicks that have died in the mail lately, I think the gullible would buy into it but not most people.

I agree. The prices on CL has gotten ridiculous also lately. They say there's a fool born every minute, and we seem to have a bunch of them around lately.

Back
Top Bottom