Arizona Chickens

Ooohh.. thunder, lightning and HAIL!! ⛈
Exciting weather day!!

20210125_133314.jpg

View attachment 2502822
About 12-14" and still snowing heavily.
Ugh. It started to melt here but has been picking up. I have to go out and get it off my sunshade that covers the run before the freezing rain starts. Only expecting 2 inches here but there has been rain too so it'll be fun to drive and get bedding.

View attachment 2502822
About 12-14" and still snowing heavily.
That looks amazing! I think the rain is done for us in the valley, sunny skies and birds are all in the yard again. I think you still have some snow coming tho!

I need to take some pics of the cute new birds that havr decided to visit.. small finches, like gold finch, yellow and red house finch, japanese white eye, and the one i haven't seen before is called a black eyed junco, and the particular coloring is "oregon" with a black head. They seem to have taken residence in the yard and are hanging in the orchid tree. This is an internet pic, it's too cold outside for me 😆

Screenshot_20210125-152523_Opera.jpg

Ugh. It started to melt here but has been picking up. I have to go out and get it off my sunshade that covers the run before the freezing rain starts. Only expecting 2 inches here but there has been rain too so it'll be fun to drive and get bedding.
Are you going to get on the road now, or waiting until tomorrow? Of course the downpour came as we needed to get back in the truck w 2 carts of plants and feed!!

It’s sunny but cold here at the moment. I had to go to a third party MVD to finish transferring the golf cart to my name and get the registration done and heard a big bang...yup, an accident with lots of wee woos afterward. I hope the people are ok, one vehicle hit the other right in the drivers door. Be careful if you’re traveling all! Even close to home.

I got the feed... and an orange tree, apple tree, 2 blue berry bushes, and a peach tree! Anddd.. just got our first fairy egg while we were out!! That is just about the size of my parrot's eggs.
View attachment 2502636
Nice.. one of our 19 week olds layerd their 1st tiny fairy egg too. Hard to tell who since most of them have red combs. Have not heard any “kinda crows” so that is a good thing..
FLOCK UPDATE;
Were have family dinner so I won’t do another post for a few days..
Everyone is still sneezing but I think getting better. The link you sent me had %20 amoxicillin so I ordered 2. So far I have spent over $175.00 on meds for these girls. Have not lost one, so thankful.. I do plan on taking out most of the hay and spraying permethrin just in case it is some type of mite or lice. I don’t see any..I am cooking all the eggs back to them for 3 weeks after last treatment.

That looks amazing! I think the rain is done for us in the valley, sunny skies and birds are all in the yard again. I think you still have some snow coming tho!

I need to take some pics of the cute new birds that havr decided to visit.. small finches, like gold finch, yellow and red house finch, japanese white eye, and the one i haven't seen before is called a black eyed junco, and the particular coloring is "oregon" with a black head. They seem to have taken residence in the yard and are hanging in the orchid tree. This is an internet pic, it's too cold outside for me 😆

View attachment 2502835
Wow, really. So cool.

Back
Top Bottom