Arizona Chickens

I'm getting 14 average daily for Jan & Feb (I just calculated). Some days lately I get 20 or 22 from 32 layers! I'll need one of those chicken math mugs any day -especially if I actually hatch anytime soon - not that I'm counting anything before hatched.
Hard to have an accurate average when # of chickens keeps increasing! :lau Some of the Barred Holland eggs are looking big enough here . . .they will probably never be as large as Leghorn eggs. Too cold, April is a good month I think. It is tempting to hatch out some of the big green NN eggs, just as a test, you know. ;)

Hard to have an accurate average when # of chickens keeps increasing! :lau Some of the Barred Holland eggs are looking big enough here . . .they will probably never be as large as Leghorn eggs. Too cold, April is a good month I think. It is tempting to hatch out some of the big green NN eggs, just as a test, you know. ;)

Yes, and you will need one of those chicken math cup's, too! :lau

I have 8 dozen and 2 egg's lacking of the 9th dozen here, and that's not counting the smaller pullet egg's that I set aside for giving Buster his med's. It look's like I'm going to have to boil some up again.

Yes, and you will need one of those chicken math cup's, too! :lau

I have 8 dozen and 2 egg's lacking of the 9th dozen here, and that's not counting the smaller pullet egg's that I set aside for giving Buster his med's. It look's like I'm going to have to boil some up again.
I am not saving them. I have a friend who wants 2 dozen, she will get them tomorrow. Along with a jar of pickled pullet eggs. I have 11 duck eggs, can't get up to a dozen 'cause my husband keeps eating them. Every weekend, I use up a dozen eggs in the Air BnB, too. We leave a pkg of peas in the frig for our guests to feed the ducks, they always love to do that. The ducks come running every time the door to the bunkhouse opens!

Now you know why I live in Prescott. When we were shopping for a place to live I looked it up, PV is the most restrictive town around here. Yavapai county around here only lets you have 8 chickens per lot. Prescott does not count your chickens, it is an old time town from when people kept chickens as a matter of course! Welcome to AZ's chat thread! I think your 3 girls should be under the radar, but they will not be if you go trying to change the city rules.
I plan to confront the city after my friend moves to coyote springs where she can house my chickens because of that haha

I plan to confront the city after my friend moves to coyote springs where she can house my chickens because of that haha
Sad but true, they will give you trouble if you have chickens and come to their attention. There are 3 roosters in my neighborhood, only 1 is mine, but I am right on the corner and if anyone complains about crowing, I will be the target. (Fortunately, one of the other roosters is one of mine at my neighbor's house)! The other Barred Hollands are at @CaroleW 's place in Chino Valley, where roosters are A-O-K! Here are some Barred Hollands for your viewing pleasure!

Attachments

• IMG_5297.JPG
    IMG_5297.JPG
    977 KB · Views: 3
I have a buff orpington and two australorps. But just discovered that prescott valley ordinance forbids chickens unless you live on an acre or more. And even then, only 2 chickens per acre 🙄. I checked my HOA but not city and now I'm like well damn let's change this.
about 2 yrs ago, I sold a bird to a gal in PV, she had two birds and integrated the pullet I sold her for a total of 3. I don't think she had acreage, so hopefully you'll do OK. sounds like you have quieter birds at least.

Back
Top Bottom