Arizona Chickens

yes, if I were in a position, I'd be tempted to place an ad on Easter Sunday (maybe the next day) advertising a humane home (wording??) and free pickup service for the unwanted Easter chicks. Imagine the fun you'd have later, guessing the breed & sex, deciding which to keep, etc!
Yes, that is a great idea... stop making me daydream of ways to build my own zoo 😆

yes, if I were in a position, I'd be tempted to place an ad on Easter Sunday (maybe the next day) advertising a humane home (wording??) and free pickup service for the unwanted Easter chicks. Imagine the fun you'd have later, guessing the breed & sex, deciding which to keep, etc!
I am too chicken for that! Those people have not taken good care of their chicks, who knows what they would bring to my flock! I would however respond to the free rooster ad that is posted later when the chick has grown up to be a cockerel and started crowing. Just "what's for dinner?" :lau time.

I am too chicken for that! Those people have not taken good care of their chicks, who knows what they would bring to my flock! I would however respond to the free rooster ad that is posted later when the chick has grown up to be a cockerel and started crowing. Just "what's for dinner?" :lau time.
I was not giving the non-chicken chick owners enough credit. I thought they'd want to get rid of them at age 1-2 weeks max, when the fluffy yellow down gave way to white feathers. The 8 week old chicks are too hard to catch, I'm assuming the people wouldn't have talked to them, etc so they're wild. I'll have to come up with another get rich quick/fill up the freezer scheme!

I was not giving the non-chicken chick owners enough credit. I thought they'd want to get rid of them at age 1-2 weeks max, when the fluffy yellow down gave way to white feathers. The 8 week old chicks are too hard to catch, I'm assuming the people wouldn't have talked to them, etc so they're wild. I'll have to come up with another get rich quick/fill up the freezer scheme!
Lots of the cute Easter chicks are males. Just read all the "Free Rooster" ads on craig's list. The people who are really unprepared for chicks kill them before they get out of the brooder! Those sick & dying chicks, I do not want. If I had some others I was doing anyway, I would not mind an extra cockerel or 2. They will go to a good home! They will be cared for and appreciated in my Freezer Camp for Bad Boyz.

Back
Top Bottom