Arizona Chickens

I tried to transplant a small mesquite sprout once, because they pop up in my yard all the time. 100s of them thanks to the mesquite tree behind my wall. It didn't make it. I'm going to try again but let it get a little bigger first!
Those wild ones seem to only grow where they first sprout. I had a bunch and tried to transplant a few, none made it at all.

My birds hate it though. They were hiding under the porch.
Mine are hiding in the coop, under the roost bar. lol
Screenshot_20221204-133711_Blink.jpg

I tried to transplant a small mesquite sprout once, because they pop up in my yard all the time. 100s of them thanks to the mesquite tree behind my wall. It didn't make it. I'm going to try again but let it get a little bigger first!
This is the second one, it’s bigger than the last lol. Keeping my fingers crossed.

My broody Sarama was just released from broody jail… and she is still feisty, but wants to be alone all the time. She is off the nesting box now- but still chirps and fluffs up wherever anyone (chickens or people) come near her. Any advice? She used to be much more friendly.
She just needs some time and she’ll be fine

My broody Sarama was just released from broody jail… and she is still feisty, but wants to be alone all the time. She is off the nesting box now- but still chirps and fluffs up wherever anyone (chickens or people) come near her. Any advice? She used to be much more friendly.
I agree ...give her time.

But also look to see if she has any health problems, I think that's why one of my NN hens decided to get/stay broody for a while because she had bumblefoot, I could tell she was limping a little. So each day I would take her from her broody spot to give her a foot bath, scrub with a brush and spray with disinfectant or some mild saave. And I would put her back in the yard. She wasn't broody much longer after her foot was better.

Back
Top Bottom