Arizona Chickens

@CaroleW Did you start a hatch going yet?
Not yet - I might have jury duty in Mesa next Friday and I haven't got the freshest eggs sorted since the storm muddied all the eggs for a few days. I should have it sorted out after jury duty, if that happens (hopefully just dismissed before I have to show up, I think).

Not yet - I might have jury duty in Mesa next Friday and I haven't got the freshest eggs sorted since the storm muddied all the eggs for a few days. I should have it sorted out after jury duty, if that happens (hopefully just dismissed before I have to show up, I think).
Good luck!

Maybe they will be like some chicken's that I had before that would eat the bee's if they flew into the chicken run. At that time I was using a chicken feed that had molasses in it as one of the ingredient's and that was what was attracting the bee's.
I sure hope so! They already go nuts over the grasshoppers we get!

IMG_1078.jpeg
IMG_1079.jpeg
IMG_1080.jpeg

8 eggies and 8 pretty aircells!

One incubators packed with pea eggs. Hand turning to avoid wrong end pips and wow that lets me fit a lot of eggs in. Over half the eggs belong to friends. Trying to decide if I want to reserve my second incubator for my eggs only or keep letting people bring me eggs. 🤔
View attachment 3523928
You could do both, couldn' you? You could become a hatch-a-holic like me. :jumpy How many egg's are in that one?

You could do both, couldn' you? You could become a hatch-a-holic like me. :jumpy How many egg's are in that one?
24 eggs! With the auto turner it's meant to only hold 10 eggs that size. I've found my rcoms tend to wrong end pip a lot with the big eggs though. Hand turning makes the difference.

Back
Top Bottom