Arizona Chickens

Bob's henhouse, Wow, just wow. 12 dozen eggs too? Do you have a special 'fridge just for eggs?

GoneHomeGrown2, I wonder if your mom had Dr. Lobell? He was running the trials. I asked him a couple years into the study how it was going and he said the new drug didn't work against soft-tissue sarcoma. I seem to recall too that the drug was being used for other types of cancer and looked promising. As far as I know, I'm the last one from that cohort that was being treated. I didn't get the experimental drug because I had already started treatment. I can't say enough good things about the Arizona Cancer Center. They really are amazing. Now they have their new building and it's really nice.

Since this is the time for goblins and bats

Halloween spirits and ghosts and cats.

Weird happenings and witches brew

These are the things we wish for you.

May the only ghost that comes to stay

Be the Holy Ghost to guide your way.

May the only spirits you chance to meet

Be the spirits of love and warm friendships sweet.

May the only trick you are asked to do

Be the trick of helping a person or two.

These are our Halloween wishes for you

And may God bless you in all you do.

It’s no Trick. We just wanted to say

It’s a Treat to know you in every way.

Being a Christian is like being a pumpkin. God lifts you up, takes you in, and washes all the dirt off of you. He opens you up, touches you deep inside and scoops out all the yucky stuff - - - including the seeds of doubt, hate, greed, etc. Then He carves you a new smiling face and puts His light inside you to shine for all the world to see.

Quote:
Mahonri~ I love this so very much and I borrowed it for my facebook for the day. I hope you don't mind. ( I didn't take credit for it
wink.png
)

Gallo Del Cielo, actually, we have 2 dedicated to egg storage. I took advantage of that AZDOE rebate and bought a second one. But if they sit for more than 10 days or so I don't sell them to customers. I boil them, or crack, mix them up and freeze them, or send them over to the kid's mom's house for them to use, or worst case, cook them up and feed them to the chickens. I prefer to sell them to help ofset their fed bill, but I haven't brokeneven yet. lol

Mahonri, ditto.

NoSkiveez, I really dn't know. The odds are that the father was a black cochin, but there were 30 plus roosters in the coop when they were fertilized. No idea who laid the egg though.

Pastrymama, Betty laid an egg this morning.
big_smile.png
She was being very talkative, so I knew something was up.
I'm sore, but better than yesterday. My lower back is the issue, and although I have a minor spina bifuda there it has never affected me, other than an occasional dull ache, or knocking me to the ground when I do something wrong. lol Thank you for asking.

Bob's Henhouse :

NoSkiveez, I really dn't know. The odds are that the father was a black cochin, but there were 30 plus roosters in the coop when they were fertilized. No idea who laid the egg though.

Pastrymama, Betty laid an egg this morning.
big_smile.png
She was being very talkative, so I knew something was up.
I'm sore, but better than yesterday. My lower back is the issue, and although I have a minor spina bifuda there it has never affected me, other than an occasional dull ache, or knocking me to the ground when I do something wrong. lol Thank you for asking.

Bob,

Oh my gosh! Was it a normal egg? She's really ok? Are you secretly a vet and just not telling?​

Good Morning Fellow Arizonians!
frow.gif

I just joined last night and was told to come by this tread so here I am!
yippiechickie.gif
I grew up on a small family farm with chickens, turkeys, ducks, horses, a bull named "Chester" and dogs... Was the best part of my childhood!
smile.png
Now as an adult for 10+ years I haven't had more than a few new rescued dogs... I've made the decision I will be staying in our current home for atleast another year before possibly trying to find a new home with some land attached to it. I'm currently in Apache Junction in a medium density neighborhood... Were decently far from our neighbors plus were in a culdesac lot! So my question to you is where can I find out if Apache Junction will allow chickens in my neighborhood? I've checked the links on here, and googled a few things but haven't gotten the answer.
hmm.png

Once I can figure this issue out we would build a simple but nice & safe coop... we have a TON of wildlife come thru the backyard, Quail, Squirrels, tons of different birds including Cactus Wrens that think the house is a cactus and they should burrow a hole in it! The yard is a blank slate... completely dirt and the plan is to have a large chicken coop so the girls can scratch and peck and take care of the pest control issue we have as well as provide us with some yummy eggs! Any help would be appreciated... I hope to have some rescued hens in our collection as well!!
woot.gif

Thanks so much!
Jessa

SpunkyJessa:
welcome-byc.gif

I'm sure AJ has a town website with rules and ordinances. Search for poultry there.
Also, don't forget to check your HOA rules if you have one.
Sometimes it boils down to how the neighbors feel about chickens. If nobody complains...

Quote:
addictive is right! i may not post very much, but i lurk every day when i have the chance.
welcome-byc.gif

Bob, the twins already want to know what we are baking for you. so let me know so i don't make you something you hate or are allergic to.

SpunkyJessa, welcome to the BYC AZ thread. I hope you are able to get chickens soon.

Bob's henhouse, how awesome that you fixed pastrymama's hen! Good for you and good for the hen! An incubator running all the time and two fridges too, you really are serious.

Back
Top Bottom