Arizona Chickens

Quote:
Great! Loving the weather! How are you? Assuming you were asking me... lol

Yeah, I was.

It's been pretty warm down here, though. Hit the 90's last week. Hopefully we won't experience that heat wave in the middle of winter like we had a couple years ago.

Tonight is the first night for my 8 week old chicks without the heat lamp. I put a higher perch(2 feet high) in a few days ago and they've been sitting on it some during the day, but they don't want to sleep on it. They would rather sleep in the corner on the floor where the lamp was.
I went out there to put them on the perch...Ha! I would put one up and another would jump down so I'd put it back up and another would jump down. I did this for about 10 minutes before I gave up. I think about 5(half) stayed on the perch when I left. Maybe I'll convince the other half tomorrow.
I need night goggles so I can see well enough to put them up but they can't see well enough to jump down!

saguaroMoon_seip800.jpg

When is the moon ever this big?

just nabbed nessa's birds , tanks nessa ... CQ im gettin them silkys this weekend i promise
^.^ my roos in my pen didnt know what to think of the 13 hens lurkin around the pen

oh btw the moons that big in..... photoshop XD

Last edited:
I want to thank everyone here for all the well wishes and help with the rehoming of my girls. It broke my heart to have to let them go but I know they went to a good home. My coop is due to be picked up later this afternoon. You guys are all so amazing and caring and I will miss each and every one of you guys. I will still stop by and say hi occasionally though
smile.png
Feel free to friend on facebook. You can find my page by clicking on website under my name here. Please keep me and my family in your prayers and warm thoughts as we travel in the coming days. It has been a ton of work to get to this point and this is going to be the best holiday of my life. For those that don't know this will be my very first Christmas ever with my oldest son and this will be the first holiday in 17 years with my family. My boys will get to be together as brothers finally.
wee.gif

Last edited:
Its been a pretty crummy week here. Hopefully it will start looking up. This morning I woke up to more chicken problems. An Spitzhauben got into a squabble with another hen and I think her eye is gone. I lost a chick this morning to the cold. I have several heat lamps up but I think the wind blew in. I've wraped the brooder coop with uhual blankets and did some chicken moving and it seems beetter. I'm doctoring the hens eye. It doesn't look infected so hopefully I can keep it that way.

Boy, you miss a day around here and look what happens!

Vanessa, good luck on the move!

NoSkiveez, hope your hen's eye turns out ok.

Chill congrats on the new flock! I'm jealous.

Ill catch up on the rest of the news later.

Back
Top Bottom