Arizona Chickens

Quote:
This might seem strange, but how do you know they are eating feathers?

Most of the chickens have missing tailfeathers and I can see plenty of other places where there should be feathers but there is only a little stub left over ( I pick them up a couple times per week to check and get them used to being handled). Strange? No other animals can get into the coop so my conclusion is it must be one of them! I also don't see broken off feathers on the floor. That's why I assumed they were eaten. I am definitely new to chicken problems
hu.gif

I know they are young and really just getting feathers so maybe what I see are growing feathers and not missing feathers? But one of them has a little bald spot on the back. ??? The few roos in there are also only 4-5 weeks old. They don't even know yet they are roos. Oh dear, I am confused.

Last edited:
Laree! I think the little Aloha Project Roo is a hen! It keeps doing the squat dance, but has the biggest comb ever. It is even built like a roo!

PS: good luck at the new job! That was fast!

Last edited by a moderator:
Makes me happy that folks are finding jobs in this economy.

I've gotten much busier, but I'm guessing it's just folks that want to use their insurance $ before the year is over.

With gas going up so fast we'll see another slowdown, and more loss of jobs.

This country has got to rein in spending or we are going to be in a sorry situation.

On a bright note got 3 beautiful blue Ameraucana eggs, 1 EE, 1 polish & 1 leghorn. Wish my other polish would ever begin to lay. They love it when the feeder is full...

Last edited:
Hi everyone, I haven't introduced myself just yet but i do already have a quick question.

Anyone know the chicken ordnance for Flagstaff? or a link they can share with me? I would be very grateful.

Thank you!
bun.gif

Quote:
This might seem strange, but how do you know they are eating feathers?

Most of the chickens have missing tailfeathers and I can see plenty of other places where there should be feathers but there is only a little stub left over ( I pick them up a couple times per week to check and get them used to being handled). Strange? No other animals can get into the coop so my conclusion is it must be one of them! I also don't see broken off feathers on the floor. That's why I assumed they were eaten. I am definitely new to chicken problems
hu.gif

I know they are young and really just getting feathers so maybe what I see are growing feathers and not missing feathers? But one of them has a little bald spot on the back. ??? The few roos in there are also only 4-5 weeks old. They don't even know yet they are roos. Oh dear, I am confused.

You can feed them raw eggs for protein also. Make sure to scramble up the yolk and white with a fork before you feed it to them.

Back
Top Bottom