Arizona Chickens

idunno.gif
HI everybody!!! I am just wondering???..... what kind of ACV do you all use? Is any kind Ok or is there something special? What does it actually do for the chickens? THANKS!!!

Use the real stuff made from apples. Big Box stores seen to carry FLAVOURED apple cider vinegar. Grocery stores seem to carry the real stuff. Some folks are bg on getting name-brand organic with the mother (fermenting agent) in it. I don't think it matters that much, and do not go to that expense.

this evening I dusted and wormed about 5o chickens. I had two assistants ages 2.5 and almost 5. Needless to say it took forever, and just think. I get to do it again in 10 days....oh joy!!!

Quite the pain huh? We did round two this morning and it better work because if I have to do this a third time I'm going to have to order the heavy hitter. Can't think of the name right now, it's on a couple of Dawg53 posts.

Thanks everyone. Will it hurt chicks if they are also in with the hens to have this water with ACV? Do you add this everyday?

I use it everyday. I mix 1 tablespoon per gallon of water. You have to get the ACV with mothers. Pasteurized ACV will do nothing. I use the Braggs brand found in the organic section of all grocery stores. It will keep your water containers from turning green too.

Quote:
lau.gif
gig.gif
lau.gif
gig.gif
These are chickens we are talking about!

That literally made me laugh out loud. I set up a watering system using the drinking cup things in the pic below, and 2 months later they still can't figure it out. I kept going out and using a stick to push the trigger so it would fill up with water, thinking they would eventually figure out the connection, but they never did. I thought they were just being stubborn so I refused to fill up their old waterer...thinking they would give up and just use the new system. Nope! Found them panting and dehydrated...and not a drop was gone from the new system. I seriously believe they would have died if I didn't give them water. Maybe it is because there isn't anything shiny to peck at. Perhaps I should gold plate the yellow part!

Thanks for all the help with ACV.
I have got a big problem with my Blue Bell. For two weeks now I have been fighting a eye infection. Thought I had it licked but she is now coming back with it. I have applied Achromycin to eye twice a day and in her water Duramycin-10. Anything different I should be doing to kick this? She had this same thing real bad 6 months ago also. Last time her side face was red and puffy. This time I caught it early but haven't been able to kick it completely. Here is pictures I took this evening. I have isolated her again.

Quote: You know, the same thing happened to me at first with the nipples. I could not get them to use them and it was around May and getting hot. It worried me so I waited until the fall. Early one morning I took all their other water sources away. About two hours after they came down from the roost I sat outside the coop with a long stick I used to poke at the nipples. Since they were more motivated (thirsty) and also wondering why I wasn't letting them out, I had their attention. It took a couple of sessions that day but they eventually picked it up. Since then I've raised chicks with nipples from the get-go, it's easier. However, I'm getting ready to re-do the watering system in the coop again and I'm thinking about using a drinking cup. Please gold plate an extra for me.
lol.png

You know, the same thing happened to me at first with the nipples. I could not get them to use them and it was around May and getting hot. It worried me so I waited until the fall. Early one morning I took all their other water sources away. About two hours after they came down from the roost I sat outside the coop with a long stick I used to poke at the nipples. Since they were more motivated (thirsty) and also wondering why I wasn't letting them out, I had their attention. It took a couple of sessions that day but they eventually picked it up. Since then I've raised chicks with nipples from the get-go, it's easier. However, I'm getting ready to re-do the watering system in the coop again and I'm thinking about using a drinking cup. Please gold plate an extra for me.
lol.png
lol.png
Oh great! I was about to copy your system now your changing it?
big_smile.png
You wouldn't change it unless it was a better setup right? Now I have to wait and see what you come up with.
pop.gif

Back
Top Bottom